PDA

View Full Version : More than one Plec??

artemisblossom
08-21-2008, 07:19 PM
In my 55 gal tank I have platies and cories and a beautiful but very shy snowball pleco. (I think he is an L102) anyway I would like to get a bristlenose pleco would this be ok or would they fight or something? The snowball has claimed a small cave in left corner of the tank and he rarely even pokes his nose out, just a few minutes at night to eat the bloodworms or carnivore sinking wafers I drop right in front of his cave. I was thinking that the bristlenose might pick one of the caves on the right side of the tank as his territory, do you think they could happily co exist or am I just asking for trouble bringing in another pleco?

mrdee3
08-21-2008, 08:09 PM
I think thay would do fine with each other. Pelcos are nocternal most only come out at night, my royal stays hidden all day he does not like light at all.

Sharkman
08-21-2008, 08:28 PM
i think that i read it is a better idea to put 2 different types of plecos in a tank together rather than to put two of the same type together. I also believe that the bristlenose is one of the more calm plecos so I think it is worth a try.

toddnbecka
08-22-2008, 12:00 AM
Just about any territorial fish, whether pleco or cichlid, is more concerned about another fish that looks similar. A snowball and a BN are different enough in appearance, you should be fine with mixing them. Just remember to feed the BN some veggies, they aren't partial to protein like the snowball.

Lakea
08-22-2008, 12:54 AM
My male BN is pretty territorial. Just make sure you provide them with hiding places. I did have my male BN with a clown and a rubbernose in my 55g, I provided lots of hiding places and driftwood, never had a problem.