PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for upcoming quizzes

Alfcea
08-21-2008, 06:20 PM
First of all, I think ILMGB's idea of the quiz was great! Thank you very much. It would be great to keep those ones coming. They are a very fun, interesting and exciting way to learn new things about our hobby.

One thing that did come up in this quiz, though, was the fact that some of the questions were poorly worded or not very clear. This is understandable and happens at all levels of test making.

My suggestion, in order to minimize similar problems in the future (I surely do hope people keep these quizzes coming!) is that they are made, not by one individual, but by a team of at least two or three people. This way, some of these issues will not be as crucial...

What do you guys think? I, for one, think this one was great and am looking forward to more!

Fishalicious
08-21-2008, 06:44 PM
Which questions were poorly worded and not understandable? I am just curious and want to understand better what you mean... I didn't have any problems with it...

Lady Hobbs
08-21-2008, 07:46 PM
I didn't understand your post either. I thought the quiz was perfect as was.

fins_n_fur
08-21-2008, 07:52 PM
If English is not your first language, I can see where a few of the questions could be a bit hard to understand. As a native speaker/reader, I have to say there were one or two questions that were hard to understand at first read, but second read they were very clear. My first reads were probably owing to the rush to answer in the hopes of big prize of points :hmm3grin2orange: Some of the possible answers, like "Dinner" :hmm3grin2orange: , should take the edge off the questions that made you think just a bit harder before answering.

All in all, a good quize and good fun. Thanks, Brad and William!

Alfcea
08-21-2008, 08:30 PM
Well, as an example, there was a posting in that same thread by thanks4the memories... that read: "... then "collected" is the source of my issue cause I took it as Collected by hobyists..as in "I collect goldfish"....lol"

I know that these are not big issues, but we could improve them, right?

ILuvMyGoldBarb
08-21-2008, 09:50 PM
alfcea, this is actually an issue that I have already addressed to William. There will be a second set of eyes on every quiz before it is posted from now on. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Alfcea
08-21-2008, 11:00 PM
Yay! I am so happy to hear that!!. It doesn't matter how good something is, there will always be room for improvement! :19: :19: We have a Spanish saying that claims that "Two brains think better than one"!!

Oh, and fins, yes. English is my second language, but, as most learners of a foreign language, I feel much more comfortable at reading and writing than at listening and speaking!!!

Oh, and by the way, this was my hundredth post, so now I have become a datnoid!