PDA

View Full Version : Why so lazy???

ehjsne
08-20-2008, 11:39 PM
Ive been conditiong my bettas for a week. I had them in a seperated 2gallon tank that I kept very clean. The male was flaring at th female and spazzing out alomost everytime I looked at them.

This morning I put them in the spawning tank. While they were floating in thier cups, my male was doing the same and the female was flaring back. It was like watching me and my brother fighting over the computor just with fish and trying to get to eachother.

When I placed them in the spawning tank, the male went searching around. and the female was flarning at him trying to get his attention. When the male noticed her the male went crazy.

I went over to my friends house, and just got back. I looked at them. the male is resting on the bottom, no bubble nest. and the female is just moping around her glass chimeny.

Why are they being lazy? Why isnt the male building a bubble nest? and why isnt he showing off for the female?

gm72
08-20-2008, 11:40 PM
Not sure. I'd watch them carefully, of course.

ehjsne
08-20-2008, 11:42 PM
well ive been checking on them every ten or fifteen minutes. I havent released the female yet.

I was so exited this morning when I put them in there.

gm72
08-20-2008, 11:44 PM
I don't think at this point there is anything to be worried about.

ehjsne
08-21-2008, 12:10 AM
mmk. How long do you think it would take for my male to build a bubble nest?

gm72
08-21-2008, 12:23 AM
A few days max if it is going to work. One of 2 things is likely to happen. He will either incessantly attach the female or will build the nest if he is accepting of her.