PDA

View Full Version : i am moving

mdtomlancs
08-20-2008, 02:37 PM
hi
i am moving home tommorow and want to know whats the best way to move my malawis with out causing harm or stress to the fish.

thanks for your help

Lady Hobbs
08-20-2008, 02:45 PM
Put them in coolers and drop an air stone in it as soon as you reach your destination so they have oxygen while setting your tank back up. Set your tank up, let your fish go and cover the tank to keep it dark for a day.

Don't feed them today or tomorrow. Keep your filters wet and your substrate in old tank water so you aren't killing the bacteria.

Don't try to move your tank with decorations or water in it. It puts too much stress on the tank and only takes a few minutes to empty it completely.

Demjor19
08-20-2008, 04:17 PM
Put them in coolers and drop an air stone in it as soon as you reach your destination so they have oxygen while setting your tank back up. Set your tank up, let your fish go and cover the tank to keep it dark for a day.

Don't feed them today or tomorrow. Keep your filters wet and your substrate in old tank water so you aren't killing the bacteria.

Don't try to move your tank with decorations or water in it. It puts too much stress on the tank and only takes a few minutes to empty it completely.

You nailed it on the head!!! :19: