PDA

View Full Version : Is this Normal????

artemisblossom
08-20-2008, 03:02 AM
i bought a snowball pleco about 3 weeks ago. He has taken over a small cave and never comes out, and I mean never. I have even tiptoed in the living room in the middle of the night and turned a flashlight on and he is still in his cave. He seems ok but I am worried about him, he only seems to eat a bit if I put a cube of frozen bloodworm right at the entrance of the cave, he will poke his nose out and seem to eat for a few minutes. I have tried to tempt him with several other types of food but he doesn't seem interested. Is he always going to be like this?? I don't think he is intimidated by his tankmates, all I have are a few small cories, a snail, and some platies. Got any suggestions??

OscarFan
08-20-2008, 03:54 AM
Hes still probably getting used to his new home. Mine all hide during the day and come out when its dark.

dean30bb
08-20-2008, 05:15 AM
i agree his proberaly just setalling in

angelcakes
08-20-2008, 08:09 AM
it sounds like as above pointed out settleing in just make sure he gets some food.........do some feeding before you go to bed and he will eat, as a pleco is nocturnal and prefers to eat when the lights are off:19: