PDA

View Full Version : Parrot forum

labnjab
08-19-2008, 11:33 PM
We are going to adopt an Amazon parrot from my mom very soon. I was wondering if anyone was a member of or knew of a good forums that specialized in tropical birds. I've tried searching for one and most seem inactive. Thank you for any help.

KrytterKrys
08-19-2008, 11:40 PM
BirdBoard (http://www.birdboard.com)

im a member of this forum,it was the only one i really liked that i could find...def not quite as active as AC but still pretty good

labnjab
08-19-2008, 11:42 PM
thanks, its way more active then the ones we've found. The most active one i found earlier had 0 members and 5 guest, with only 10 people on all day...lol

We'll be joining it.

KrytterKrys
08-19-2008, 11:48 PM
wow i guess so lol...how can ya have a forum with no members?:hmm3grin2orange: im also KrytterKrys on that one too, not on as much as here but at least once a day or so....have ya ever had birdies before?

labnjab
08-20-2008, 01:19 AM
When i was younger my dad had a cockatiel (spelling) and it was mean as my dad didn't take much care of it (other then feeding it and cleaning the cage, , but before my mom got the amazon, she was living with a guy who had a blue and gold macaw and I learned a lot from that. I grew a little attached to it too. Parrots are fun pets, loud but fun, almost like having a 2 year old from what I've seen.

The only reason we are taking it is because she moved to a new apartment that doesn't allow pets, especially loud ones, and we offered to take it instead of her giving it to some stranger or selling it. Besides, selling it would have broken her heart.

We have the same name on that site

KrytterKrys
08-20-2008, 01:57 AM
i hope all goes well! they can def be loud! its good that ur willing to take it...i have 6 parakeets myself and have breed them a few times, im going to be getting a baby sun conure:19: i cant wait!! he/she's only a week old right now though so itll be my xmas present to myself:hmm3grin2orange: but ive had a sulfur cockatoo, a dove that drove us crazy! and a dusky conure that was the bestest! they can be messy but their some of the best pets...just make sure your really careful if you have teflon pans, thats how my cockatoo died its a very quick painful death :( but on a brighter note i hope she/he warms up to ya!