PDA

View Full Version : loosing red devil

jennyhardy
08-17-2008, 09:35 PM
lost big oscar yesterday .in a differant tank though i changed water as usual and today my 1 year old red devil is lying on his side still breathing but just lying on bottom of tank what could be wrong he was taking like a fit no that long ago does anyone know what i could do.jenny p.s please help don't want to lose another.:confused:

bushwhacker
08-18-2008, 12:58 AM
what are your water parameters, what size tank? what filtration? need some info please.. has your water company done any maintenace on the lines recently? they may have added chlorine or chloramine to the water to clear up a bacterial problem

dean30bb
08-19-2008, 06:55 AM
the same thing is happening to my 1 year old oscar after lossing his tank mate which was an albino oscar only a few weeks ago and he just lays on his side all the time not comeing up to eat or any thing i think that it could just be from haveing a tank mate for so long and then alof a sudden there not there and they fret about it im still abit worried about it but hopefully he will be fine he has 2 other oscars with him now so hopefully he will be good again.