PDA

View Full Version : A new local fish store.

lemans81
12-28-2006, 07:07 AM
I hate to put down a lfs, but today I went to go explore a new store. I got there about 10 minutes before they opened. I pulled into a spot and a guy in an suv pulled up like right to my back bumper. My wife told me that the guy in the suv is punching the steering wheel and cussing(we were the only ones in the lot). So I get out and he cusses me out and says that spot is reserved for him the owner(then I see the sign on the side of his vehicle). I told him its just a spot and he tells me that unless I move I can't go into his store. There is no sign marking it as his spot. I said your right you can have you spot and left. I have never had a bad experience before I even went in a store.

Maybe he was having a bad day or maybe he is just a child(45 years old or so). But since I had a bad experience I figured I would save anyone else from ever visiting there.

Pet Planet
www.petplanetkc.com

crackatinny
12-28-2006, 09:55 AM
I don't blame you, if there was no sign reserving the parking spot between store hrs for the owner, you have every right to be mad at this person.

I presume this is a chain store, if so you should contact head office with a complaint, a wrap over the knuckles early in this blokes knew business days, may save an arrogent attitude to customers in the future.

lemans81
12-28-2006, 10:14 AM
I am not sure if it is a chain or not, its only about the size of a large gas station. The building has been used by everything from tiny furniture stores to use appliances and I think for a while it was a used clothing store.

I am afraid though that if I contact him thru mail/email that I will get a hateful response and that would prompt some real anger out of me.

Lady Hobbs
12-28-2006, 01:24 PM
Well, let's just hope you were his only customer that day. The grump!

minabird
12-28-2006, 01:35 PM
Sounds like he's a bad business owner with no clue on customer service, people skills, or just being nice!!. I'd expect him to be out of business within a year!! Sooner if he keeps chasing his potential customers away who park in "his" spot. Guess he never learned the old business addage of, "The Customer is always right." Imagine how he treats his fish and other live merchandise if he treats a potential customer so poorly. Lemans, it's probably better that you learned about his personality now than later when you have to bring back a bad purchase from his store and have to deal with a LFS owner with a bad attitude. He sounds like a moron.

Severus
12-28-2006, 04:07 PM
I sure wouldnt go into the store if someone (especially the owner/manager) is gonna act like that. They dont deserve the business.

jeffs99dime
12-28-2006, 05:41 PM
neither would i. they would never get my business!

jman
12-28-2006, 06:32 PM
where is he at i'll handle em' i'll probably take his job...lol

don't even worry about it he's definetly a loser and can't handle his situations if he was smart he would have came polite because that's his profit he's losing what if you were coming in to view his store and you traveled all around the world... you get the point think before your actions... lucky it wasn't me i wouldv'e stayed in the spot and looked for the name on it that says it was his otherwise i do what i got to do. lol

Incredulous_Ed
12-28-2006, 06:51 PM
Sheesh. what a bad owner. I've never heard of something like this before.

jman
12-28-2006, 06:55 PM
really? iv'e heard some owners just ry to do anything to get ya out the store what since does that really make?