PDA

View Full Version : Have my kribs!

jman
12-28-2006, 03:51 AM
got my 2 small kribs today and they are happy not going to have any photo's of them in the picture with the first ram but i'll try to get those 2.!!!!!!!!!

They are doing great they love the water and the Ram loves them still waiting to get the cackatoo cichlid pair and there was some others i saw? yaaaaa got mine 2. How much was that light again? Jeff

jeffs99dime
12-28-2006, 06:49 PM
congrats on getting kribs! what light are you referring to? also, can you let me know how you fair with having two kribs? are they male or female?

jman
12-28-2006, 06:53 PM
i cant tell if they are male or female because they are still small (bought them small because i really want to see them grow) so far they act like 1 male and 1 female but ten the one that i thought was a male acts like a girl around the baby green terror....lol

oh.. the light i was talking about was the high deff that you have over your kribs. what else do you have with them?

jeffs99dime
12-28-2006, 07:22 PM
it's the coralife aqualight 48". 2 compact flourescent 10000k daylight bulbs and 2 compact 03 true actinic bulbs. i also retrofitted in 6- 1 watt blue l.e.d.s. you can get the lunar aqualight that is a lot more expensive with only 4 leds and they're only 3/4 watts apiece. the fixture i have also has two built-in fans also to reduce the heat that the fixture generates. the fixture really makes the fishes colors really pop! i think it is one of the best investments i've made to date. also note, if you have a full hood you will need to get rid of it and get glass tops or no top. here's a link to what i'm referring to-- http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/Prod_Display.cfm?pcatid=12109&N=2004+113345

jman
12-29-2006, 03:14 AM
nope can't do that until the arowana gets moved you with him being a hopper and all...

jeffs99dime
12-29-2006, 03:19 AM
you can! just get versa tops or all glass tops to go underneath the fixture. that's what i did. pretty soon, i'm going to make a custom canopy to house everthing so that all you see is a "wall of oak" on top of the tank. should be pretty cool and it's going to be fully sealed when i'm done

jman
12-29-2006, 03:22 AM
you sure he's not strong enough to hit that top off?

jeffs99dime
12-29-2006, 03:24 AM
just put weights on top the glass tops if you're concerned. that's what i used to do when i had an oscar a long time ago. the glass versa tops are fairly heavy. more so than say an all-glass full (plastic) hood

jman
12-29-2006, 03:25 AM
o.k. i got ya i'll get that next CHECK and CHECK it all out! lol

jeffs99dime
12-29-2006, 03:27 AM
cool. now-- get er' dun! lol

jman
12-29-2006, 03:29 AM
congrats on getting kribs! what light are you referring to? also, can you let me know how you fair with having two kribs? are they male or female?

what do you really mean by fair with the kribs? make out?
the fish in my tanks don't seem to become aggressive as the one's not in my room. this is probably because they get to watch me sit in front of them all the time.

jeffs99dime
12-29-2006, 03:31 AM
nah, i just wanted to know how having two kribensis is. are they aggressive toward each other? other fish? that kind of thing.

jman
12-29-2006, 03:35 AM
nah, i just wanted to know how having two kribensis is. are they aggressive toward each other? other fish? that kind of thing. and also, are your kribs male or female?

actually one minute they are like pirahna's that stick by each other no matter what with no aggression but then the next second they are just scavering the bottom for food that's not there because the catfish already ate it. they love the ram in the tank. gotta get the rest... but anyway they are not aggressive at all i am just wondering about these other one's i saw that were suppose to be dwarfs but are not aggressive at all?

jeffs99dime
12-29-2006, 03:37 AM
you gotta get some keyholes! and thanks for the input by the way.:thumb:

jman
12-29-2006, 03:42 AM
how are your keyholes? i gotta find some... where do they swim?

i like all these:http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.fishtanksandponds.info/images/raw-images/fresh-water/Keyhole-Cichlid_small.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.fishtanksandponds.info/photopages/thumbnail-pages/american-cichlids.htm&h=81&w=100&sz=3&hl=en&start=9&tbnid=Lgn-NdNbWDhYfM:&tbnh=66&tbnw=82&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dkeyhole%2Bcichlids%26svnum%3D10%26hl% 3Den%26lr%3D%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26channel%3Ds%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DN
starting with-

Apistogramma "Bimbo"
Apistogramma "Bimbo"

Apistogramma borellii
Apistogramma borellii
Apistogramma borelli
Apistogramma borelli

Apistogramma cacatuoides
Apistogramma cacatuoides
Apistogramma cacatuoides
Apistogramma cacatuoides
Apistogramma cacatuoides

Apistogramma cacatuoides
Apistogramma cacatuoides Apistogramma cacatuoides - male (Triple red variety)
Apistogramma cacatuoides
Apistogramma cacatuoides
Apistogramma cacatuoides
Apistogramma curutu
Apistogramma curutu Apistogramma curutu
Apistogramma curutu Apistogramma curutu
Apistogramma curutu
Apistogramma panduro
Apistogramma panduro Apistogramma panduro
Apistogramma panduro

jeffs99dime
12-29-2006, 05:15 AM
they swim all over the tank all day and all night. my krib swims around with them. and yes, that is the keyhole i was referring to.

jeffs99dime
12-29-2006, 06:24 AM
here's an okay pic of one off the net
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j169/fyrtertl2/keyhole-cichlid.jpg
i have pics of mine that are better, but i don't have access to them right now because i'm at work.

jman
01-01-2007, 04:57 AM
Nice man i'll start thinking about setting up a lil' bigger tank for em'!