PDA

View Full Version : African Butterfly Fish...

Treerat
08-16-2008, 04:29 PM
I suppose I could have dropped this in the Arowana sub-thread doohicky since ABF's are related to Arowanas... but thats neither here nor there.

OK... the other night, one of my ABF got in a tussle with either the other ABF, named Angel, or one of the Cuvier's Bichirs, and had a chomp mark on his head and lost an eye. I was like dang it! because the others smelled the blood in the water, so to speak. I figured he'd me breakfast for the others in the morning and I was right. Between the Reedfish, Bichirs, and other swamp monsters I have in there, he was a gonner. So Cain when out like a Spartan in glorious combat. He was comsummed completely as I'm sure he would have wanted and not given the humilation of being flushed like some mere goldfish.

I'd rather have my predatory fish, such as the ABF, go out fighting then eaten up by some fungus or disease.

Until next time...

cocoa_pleco
08-16-2008, 08:09 PM
the adventures of ABF. i miss my old one. i had a cricket in tweezers 2ft above the tank and he flew up and grabbed it. lol

Tolley
08-16-2008, 08:40 PM
Although i've never owned one from what i've seen they are very neat fish.

Fishalicious
08-16-2008, 10:47 PM
My neighbour has one....and it is about the only fish in the world that gives me the 'heebies' (creeps)... even feeding is a nightmare as it comes flying at you the second the lid is opened <shivers> Poor thing has thrown itself out of the tank at least 100 times this year ... I hate it when he goes on holiday and I feed his fish LOL

cocoa_pleco
08-16-2008, 11:18 PM
surprisingly, mine never jumped out of his tank. i had him for quite a few years. he was a fussy eater, one week he would only eat large crickets and never touch small ones, and the next week he would waive his nose at large crickets and demand small ones