PDA

View Full Version : One of my dreams came true!

Boertjie
08-15-2008, 04:32 AM
Well as most of you know the disappointment ran very high when I applied to import some cherry shrimps a while ago and were informed it is illegal to import them.

There is no law against keeping them, so……………………………….I have been searching and searching….
I basically accepted the disappointment and came to terms with it.
Then during this week I met a guy who mentioned something about some cherry shrimp population that he needs to trim.
I immediately begged him for two. After a lot of correspondence our entire family took a trip last night to fetch our first cherry shrimps. The friend donated me 9 cherry shrimp and a lot of Java fern as well as Java moss!! :19: :19:
I am inviting him also to join our forum today.
Needless to say we went straight to the new house and introduced the shrimps to their new home that was supposed to be the breeding tank for the Kribensis (sorry Gemstone) this month-end I will have to purchase a new tank for the kribensis.
I am so excited about breeding these small beautiful creatures!! I will just have to be very careful not to let any of that water get into the water waste system or in the river, seeing that one of our boundaries on the new property end on the riverbank.

And last but not least I would like to thank my wife, Gemstone, for supporting me all the way in my search and getting of the shrimps.

cocoa_pleco
08-15-2008, 04:47 AM
congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounguru
08-15-2008, 05:23 AM
Cool beans ... Just goes to show if you look hard enough you will find them...

fins_n_fur
08-15-2008, 05:27 AM
Nice one! Some diligence and patience paid off!

Gemstone
08-15-2008, 06:12 AM
Awww thanks sweetie... *makes note...of posting...which is in a public forum....he made mention of kribsie tank....*

Boertjie
08-15-2008, 07:00 AM
Awww thanks sweetie... *makes note...of posting...which is in a public forum....he made mention of kribsie tank....*
There goes my credit card................:hmm3grin2orange:

Gemstone
08-15-2008, 07:20 AM
There goes my credit card................:hmm3grin2orange:

errr...you got a credit card....that still works????:18:

Sounguru
08-15-2008, 07:25 AM
Dang man you are in trouble run for the hills she knows the truth....

angelcakes
08-15-2008, 07:37 AM
congrats.............:19: :19: :19: hide that credit card:hmm3grin2orange:

Boertjie
08-15-2008, 07:50 AM
errr...you got a credit card....that still works????:18:
Of course yes!!!! It bounces right back onto budget.......:19:

Gemstone
08-15-2008, 12:18 PM
oh hell....he's just fone me to let me know...he's found another guy with different shrimp....about an hours drive away........and he wants some....dunno if I should just laugh...or cry????

Boertjie
08-15-2008, 12:57 PM
Laugh..........10233

Lady Hobbs
08-15-2008, 01:36 PM
Lots of fish eat those shrimp so you will want to be careful with them as hard as they've been for you to get. My baby firemouths just did a number on mine.

Sounguru
08-15-2008, 04:22 PM
What kind of shimp did you find now....

toddnbecka
08-15-2008, 05:39 PM
You don't want to mix Neocaridina species (cherry shrimp, yellow shrimp, minami, etc) in the same tank, they will interbreed (and the offspring aren't colorful.) Ghost shrimp or long-arm shrimp should also be housed separately, they're liable to eat cherry shrimp. Best to find out which species you're considering and research their requirements to see if they're compatible, or your credit card is really going to get squeezed.

Boertjie
08-16-2008, 07:09 AM
You don't want to mix Neocaridina species (cherry shrimp, yellow shrimp, minami, etc) in the same tank, they will interbreed (and the offspring aren't colorful.) Ghost shrimp or long-arm shrimp should also be housed separately, they're liable to eat cherry shrimp. Best to find out which species you're considering and research their requirements to see if they're compatible, or your credit card is really going to get squeezed.
That guy sold the shrimp before it was unpacked!! So he ordered me some that I will pick up next Friday. I ordered Bee shrimp and tiger shrimp. They are apparently compatable so lets see,:laugh1blue: