PDA

View Full Version : Auratus Compatibility?

kaianuanu
08-14-2008, 06:00 PM
i have a group of 4 yellow labs and 3 kenyi. i was wondering if i could add a group of auratus chichlids(of the same size) to the group. i read they can be quite aggressive but i thought i'd trust all of your knowledge.

thanx,
-Kai

Ryuu
08-14-2008, 07:12 PM
If your keeping them in teh 10g like ur siggy, I would keep it as it is, as it seems its already overstocked.

Red
08-14-2008, 07:30 PM
even if you do get a bigger tank in the future they get mean... really mean try to stay away from them

smcurry83
08-14-2008, 11:38 PM
Check my sig for my set-up and stocking. I ALSO had a pair of auratus in the tank. Recently I had to find new homes for the pair due to aggression. Agression towards the all the other fish and between the two auratus. IMO I would stay clear of them unless you're setting up a species tank.

cocoa_pleco
08-15-2008, 12:47 AM
auratus are aggressive, mine is so aggressive i have to keep him alone, he will kill everything else

kaianuanu
08-15-2008, 02:54 AM
ok i guess thats not a good tankmate. anyway, i just started an american cichlid tank! i have a 2" JD, a 2" flowerhorn, and a 1.5" green terror. the flower horn is a huge bully, even to the slightly bigger JD. i was wondering if i could get a slightly larger more peacefull fish to put the flowerhorn in his place. (see thread in south american cichlids)