PDA

View Full Version : I got Kuhlii Loaches!

Kula
08-13-2008, 07:24 PM
So I was at the fish shop a few days ago, and I've been wishing I could find Kuhlii Loaches SOMEWHERE (I've been all over the city, and I was about to give up because all I could find were Dojo Loaches). As I was looking down the last rows of tanks, my brother called out to me and said they had Kuhlii Loaches, so I ran over there, and sure enough, there was a tank full of wiggly little Kuhlii Loaches! I ended up buying six of them, and the best part was they were priced at 3/$1.25!! I'm definitely going back there once my 55 gallon tank is set up and I'm going to buy another six! They are so much fun to watch at night. My brother and I waited until it was dark last night, then I turned on a flashlight and held it in the air just so there was enough light to see them... And they were swimming circles all over the tank! It's too bad they aren't as active during the day, though they seem to love sleeping together under/inside their giant log, which is pretty darn cute. I just wish I could get pictures of them :ssad:

angelcakes
08-13-2008, 07:24 PM
congrats..........pics?:19:

justyn725
08-13-2008, 07:26 PM
Awesomce...congrats!

Kula
08-13-2008, 07:38 PM
congrats..........pics?:19:
I'm still trying to figure out how to catch them in action and not end up with a big blurry mess!

angelcakes
08-13-2008, 07:38 PM
I'm still trying to figure out how to catch them in action and not end up with a big blurry mess!
its a good game for them..........:hmm3grin2orange:

Kula
08-14-2008, 05:55 AM
So I managed to sneak a picture of one of them tonight... I had to shine the flashlight in there really fast and snap a picture before it swam away. Took several tries before one would hold still long enough!

Gemstone
08-14-2008, 06:06 AM
:hmm3grin2orange: They are darn cute aren't they???... Try giving them a bit of cooked gemsquash...in it's shell...just pop it in..it will end up shell side down...they swarm over it..(in the dark of course...mumble mumble..)

Kula
08-14-2008, 06:10 AM
:hmm3grin2orange: They are darn cute aren't they???... Try giving them a bit of cooked gemsquash...in it's shell...just pop it in..it will end up shell side down...they swarm over it..(in the dark of course...mumble mumble..)
Gemsquash, eh? I'm not a big squash person, so I'll have to check and see if the grocery store even sells that here. How do I cook it? I'm guessing just boil it?

Oh and yeah, they are sooooo cute! It's too bad I have to spy on them with a flashlight... But I am getting one of those lights with the blue LED moonlights, so hopefully I'll be able to see them when I switch them over to my other aquarium. And I'm SO going to get six more, along with a sand substrate in the front. Somebody also mentioned getting a clear tube and putting it in the sand next to the front of the aquarium so I can watch them sleep/wiggle during the day, and I'm definitely going to do that!

Gemstone
08-14-2008, 06:12 AM
any squash will do...and yeah..has to be cooked..:11:

Kula
08-14-2008, 06:17 AM
any squash will do...and yeah..has to be cooked..:11:
Well in that case, I almost always have zucchini once a week, so it looks like they'll be getting a treat really soon! I'm sure my other fish will love it too thumbs2: