PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else love doing this?

TowBoater
08-13-2008, 01:06 AM
Does anyone else love it when your cleaning your tank and your shrimp have the urge to just jump on and clean? My parents have two cleaner shrimp in there 55g and no matter what, they will try and get on your hand. It feels really cool and your hand is in there anyways cleaning or moving so I am like what the heck and I let them go at it. In my 20gL I have two peppermint shrimp and believe it or not, they do the same! They like to pick at my fingernails for some reason. I just think it's pretty cool and was wondering if anyone else does this or am I just weird?

Fishguy2727
08-13-2008, 01:20 AM
I too have not heard of it from anywhere else (until now) but one of my peppermint shrimp has also cleaned my hand.

My skunks are the same way, love to clean no matter what.

TowBoater
08-13-2008, 01:22 AM
Yea I just stuck my hand in there one day and I thought they were attacking me. I just put my hand back there and realized they were cleaning.

jman
08-13-2008, 01:25 AM
hahaha yeah they go at it the only ones that really dont unless they're extremly comfortable are smaller coral bandeds like the purple but my gold will if i am messing with his cave. He'll sit upside down and go at it and even make the job faster.