PDA

View Full Version : Need to know if this is true.

plant boy
08-12-2008, 10:52 PM
Is trace elements for aquatic plants the same thing as discus trace elements.

Sounguru
08-12-2008, 10:58 PM
I would say know.. A plant is a plant a discus is a fish...http://www.stopactionphoto.net/images/fantastic_new.gif

Beyond that I'm not much help since my discus did well in my live planted tank and I never added anything beyond standard ferts when setting up for either.

cocoa_pleco
08-12-2008, 11:00 PM
I would say know.. A plant is a plant a discus is a fish

lol, dont you mean no?:hmm3grin2orange:.

im guessing discus trace elements buffers the water to the same numbers as the discus's natural habitat, different than the plant trace elements (im guessing stuff that makes the plants grow)

Alfcea
08-12-2008, 11:21 PM
Did you find two different bottles labeled as so? Why do you ask that?

If my understanding of evolutionary biology is correct, since all the living organisms that we know of evolved on the same planet, we all use about the same minerals in pretty much the same quantity (a quantity very similar to the one the nutrient is found on the surface of Earth at). It is true that some organisms need more of certain nutrients than others, but in general, we all need the same "micro-nutrients". These include selenium, manganese, molybdenum, copper, chromium, zinc and others. So, unless you are asking about a very specific mineral with a very specific function in a very specific organism, I think it would be safe to assume that trace elements that promote the well being of one organism will also promote the well being of another organism PROVIDED you do not overdose.