PDA

View Full Version : Guppies With RCS?

dalero
08-11-2008, 08:26 PM
Anyone know if they can co exist? Thanks for any input.

tort518
08-11-2008, 09:17 PM
I have juvenile guppies with ghost shrimp. They're doing fine aside from some occasional curiosity which always ends peacefully.

I do expect that the guppies (like most other fish) would eat the shrimp hatchlings if they saw them out and about.

Jim

Sounguru
08-11-2008, 10:43 PM
Full sized guppies will eat shrimp hatchilings..... There are very few fish that can go with shrimp if you are wanting to breed them.

dalero
08-12-2008, 11:01 PM
Thanks. My Red Swords made short work of my first small batch. I guess I'd better make my new 10 gal a shrimp only tank.

wijnands
10-07-2008, 03:54 PM
ALmost all fish will mean that very few shrimp fry will reach adulthood. I do wonder if a strictly veggie L-species would work with snails.

plantedlab
03-30-2009, 04:42 AM
I have RCS, guppies, and fire belly toads all breeding in a 55 gallon about 1/2 full of water. There are lots of plants and places to hide in there. The tiny babies like to hang out in a crevices between rocks. It's best to provide them with lots of long skinny crevices that get decent circulation.

plantedlab
03-30-2009, 04:57 AM
Here's a couple of pics, the first two are of the 55 gallon and if you look close you can see a shrimp on the back wall and some guppies swimming around. The second two are of my 30G allon Cherry shrimp breeding tank. I have seen some juvenile shrimp in the bigger tank with the fish. However the survival rate is much higher in the smaller shrimp only tank.