PDA

View Full Version : fish on the move....

Gemstone
08-11-2008, 05:35 AM
Two betta tanks were moved to the new house over the weekend..water, plants, fish and all....

But...I did a new addition to each tank (the males and their lady loves inhabit each tank)....apple snail to each... It was actually quite funny to see the individual reactions...

It is the females' week for being in the big net dividers in the tanks...so the males are swimming about amongst the plants...

Little Prince streaked up to the snail..tried to give it's shell a bite...and then went off and sulked under a plant...and then proceeded to swim large circles around the snail while inspecting his new tank addition ....

Mister, on the other hand, swam up to the shell...and it looked as if he gave it a condescending sniff (I swear..if he had a leg he would have lifted it against the snail)...and went about his swimming business and never gave the snail another look again...

Rodriguez and his lady are still in Boertjie's tetra tank...him in his big net and her amongst the fishies swimming freely....Those two will still have to waite a while before they get their own tank back....although it should only still be about another 3 weeks...at least the kribensis should be going soon tho...their tank is almost done at the new house...just another day or so..

(and then once everything and everyone is moved over...the task of...WHERE each tank is going to be standing for the next however long will set in...they are at present all being put in the lounge area.......)...oh wellllllll ...*gives a loooong suffering sigh*.........the fishie work just never ends...dussit???

labnjab
08-11-2008, 11:16 AM
my betta's apple snail just died. He would usually sit there and watch him, and would occasionally knock him off the glass, trying to let him know who's boss.

Kula
08-11-2008, 01:28 PM
Aw, now I want to get my betta a snail friend! He's not very aggressive, so I don't think there would be any problems.

Gemstone
08-11-2008, 01:53 PM
my betta's apple snail just died. He would usually sit there and watch him, and would occasionally knock him off the glass, trying to let him know who's boss.

aww shame man!!! are u going to get him a new friend?

Gemstone
08-11-2008, 01:54 PM
Aw, now I want to get my betta a snail friend! He's not very aggressive, so I don't think there would be any problems.

nope I really don't think there would be either..if the snails get peeved they can just withdraw into their shells till the betta gets tired of harassing them anyway...

labnjab
08-11-2008, 03:06 PM
well get him one, weve had a hard time with snails at the lfs, they die with in a week, so we have to wait till we go to petsmart which is about an hour away. they last a lot longer

Lady Hobbs
08-11-2008, 03:42 PM
I must have been thinking of you last night because I dreamed I was moving as well. Fish go first or last???? ......was my huge decision half the night, it seemed. I'd get all the furniture in first and as much put away as possible and then bring your tanks and fish. It's a lot easier than wishing you had put [/URL] your tank THERE......(4 inches away from where you did put it) and have to move it again.

Yes, I am speaking from experience! I'm about to move another 55 into my bedroom which will make move 10 for this tank!

[URL="http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNman000"]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_10.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNman000)

GouramiGal
08-11-2008, 03:57 PM
Good luck with your move and congratulations!!

Gemstone
08-12-2008, 04:17 AM
I must have been thinking of you last night because I dreamed I was moving as well. Fish go first or last???? ......was my huge decision half the night, it seemed. I'd get all the furniture in first and as much put away as possible and then bring your tanks and fish. It's a lot easier than wishing you had put [/URL] your tank THERE......(4 inches away from where you did put it) and have to move it again.

Yes, I am speaking from experience! I'm about to move another 55 into my bedroom which will make move 10 for this tank!

[URL="http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNman000"]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_10.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNman000)

:hmm3grin2orange: that was a problem we had too...WHEN to take the fish...unfortunately we did not have too much choice in the matter..we simply HAD to move some of them over as they stood in the way of the furniture that had to be moved...the one beeeeeeg one especially...so how we tackle it is this way: hubby and stepson load a trailer with furniture...while daughter and I clear out a tank...we put rocks etc in a bucket...plants etc in another...then the fish into more ....and the water...or as much of it as we can..into clean bottels etc..all of this goes onto the back of hubbies buckie...ahmmm....a buckie is what we call a truck..I think..you know...double cab in front like a car and a open area at the back??...anyway...and the tanks go in there...if they are big together with stands....smaller tanks are on the kid's laps....hehe....of on the back seat...fish go either in front with me of if it is a beeeeg tank which is on the back...on the seat beside daughter as son would be on the back with the bigger tanks...

*this tank moving business is NOT for the faint-hearted lemme tell you!!!!!!*

Kula
08-13-2008, 07:44 PM
:hmm3grin2orange: that was a problem we had too...WHEN to take the fish...unfortunately we did not have too much choice in the matter..we simply HAD to move some of them over as they stood in the way of the furniture that had to be moved...the one beeeeeeg one especially...so how we tackle it is this way: hubby and stepson load a trailer with furniture...while daughter and I clear out a tank...we put rocks etc in a bucket...plants etc in another...then the fish into more ....and the water...or as much of it as we can..into clean bottels etc..all of this goes onto the back of hubbies buckie...ahmmm....a buckie is what we call a truck..I think..you know...double cab in front like a car and a open area at the back??...anyway...and the tanks go in there...if they are big together with stands....smaller tanks are on the kid's laps....hehe....of on the back seat...fish go either in front with me of if it is a beeeeg tank which is on the back...on the seat beside daughter as son would be on the back with the bigger tanks...

*this tank moving business is NOT for the faint-hearted lemme tell you!!!!!!*
Ugh, the joys of moving fish tanks >_<

I've moved mine four times, and every time I moved, I was a total water freak, so I'd go to the store and buy a bunch of those one gallon bottles of water, empty them all out, then fill each one with water from the tank. Finding room for all those jugs in the moving truck turned into quite a puzzle!

Lady Hobbs
08-13-2008, 09:34 PM
So, how far away is this move? Closer to fish stores, I assume? :)

Gemstone
08-14-2008, 07:04 AM
not so far at all Lady....about a 15 min drive is all....I can still drive the daughter to school...although the petrol (gas) prives here have shyrocketed recently...but at least she can finish the school year before we decide to let her stay...or move to a school closer...she is doing extremely well where she is..*AND OF COURSE!!!! it is close to fish shops...have in fact gone and checked the new local ones out already...and found quite a nice one although their range is NOT too great...but then...I DO want a place to sell my babies off to that looks after their fish...*

Gemstone
08-18-2008, 04:11 PM
HA!!!!...we're almost there as far as the tanks are concerned...all that is left is the present overstocked live-bearer tank which is not TOOO big...Boertjies present overstocked tetra tanks...(it even has the poor kribensis and my one mail betta which iis in a net as well as his lady love who...is swimming freely and teasing the dickens out of the one krib....AND a small sharkie...*.....this is a major disaster waiting to happen and we are keeping a very close eye on esp this tank which fortunately will move this week and all fish will be in the other tanks all ready to receive them...and then the hospital/frye tank.. This was actually a frye tank but had to introduce a sick female guppy who was also heavily pregnant...she was attacked by methinks some of the males when her time to deliver was there...and there was a shortage of nubile females at the time who was unpregnant..oh well...anyway..she lost part of her tail fin which has fille in nicely and her one ahm...side swimming flapping fins?? (for the life of me I just forgot the name)...but it seems that fin does not want to grow bacK??.. She is fine now....but still...that fin bothers me...and will go back into the NEW livebearer tank with the rest of them when that tank is moved as well...so...only three...yes dear readers of the neverending saga that is the fishie life of...Boertjie and his half-fish wife Gem...only THREE>,tanks left to move!!!!! (all 3 will be moved at the same time..to deter any further stress to the half-fish gem)