PDA

View Full Version : What can go with my African Clawed frog?

billcollins531
08-09-2008, 07:30 PM
My African Clawed frog is in a 10 gallon all to himself. I don't want to get another one of his kind - or a fish.
It has T-5 Lighting (not sure what wattage) and an Aqua Clear filter system - capable of 20 gallons.

He is a SUPER social frog (that sounds so geeky), even when I walk in the door he starts croaking. You should see him when I break out the food... (-:
He hasn't harmed anything in the tank (including live plants), so he is a social and gentle frog.

Like I said, I don't want any fish in there.
What would be the best thing to put in there? I saw on YouTube somebody had a fiddler crab in with theirs. Would the crab pinch the frog??
What other things could I try?

I understand that, even if they are gentle, they will eat most anything. So, give me some things to try here!! (-:

Best regards,
billcollins531

Billythefish
08-09-2008, 07:35 PM
My African Clawed frog is in a 10 gallon all to himself. I don't want to get another one of his kind - or a fish.
It has T-5 Lighting (not sure what wattage) and an Aqua Clear filter system - capable of 20 gallons.

He is a SUPER social frog (that sounds so geeky), even when I walk in the door he starts croaking. You should see him when I break out the food... (-:
He hasn't harmed anything in the tank (including live plants), so he is a social and gentle frog.

Like I said, I don't want any fish in there.
What would be the best thing to put in there? I saw on YouTube somebody had a fiddler crab in with theirs. Would the crab pinch the frog??
What other things could I try?

I understand that, even if they are gentle, they will eat most anything. So, give me some things to try here!! (-:

Best regards,
billcollins531IMO you cant have more tank mates in your little 10g tank and they are better kept on there own to as thay cad harm just about any tank mate

billcollins531
08-09-2008, 07:44 PM
IMO you cant have more tank mates in your little 10g tank and they are better kept on there own to as thay cad harm just about any tank mate

Snails wouldn't be harmed by the frog, though I should have posted that I didn't want one in the tank.

AABatteries
09-10-2008, 10:17 PM
I had mine an African clawed in with my oscar. They did great together but, DO NOT get an oscar for that tank, thats like putting a shark in like a 40g tank.

dixipixi32
10-10-2008, 05:18 PM
I keep my african frog in a 10gallon (no filter with frequent water changes) with one betta...they seem to like each other :1luvu: neither likes the surface water to be moving around alot....

Northernguy
10-11-2008, 12:17 AM
How about another frog!???????????????????:c2:

AABatteries
10-11-2008, 10:22 PM
Yeah, African clawed frogs do try to eat most things, mine eat a whole minnow one time.

angelcakes
10-12-2008, 11:20 AM
depends if its a dwarf or a xeonpus (big frogs)