PDA

View Full Version : My jaguar cichlid

Fishguy2727
12-25-2006, 01:47 AM
My jag's HITH has gotten too bad to let him keep going. Most likely I will be putting him down within the next couple weeks. I tried Metro+ by Hikari/Aquarium Solutions, did everything I know of to help him and it just keeps getting worse. So I think I will put him down before he actually starts to suffer from it.

Even with everything 'known' about the condition we aren't there yet. I think there are at least a couple forms of the disease when you really look at all the info out there, as well as the actual cases it occurs in.

danthefishman
12-27-2006, 04:56 PM
one of my oscars has a small hith but its not getting worse or better. hes fine and happy, what treatments have you tried?

jman
12-27-2006, 06:37 PM
sorry about the fish.

Fishguy2727
12-27-2006, 08:18 PM
Mainly Metro+ by Aquarium Solutions (Hikari). It has metronidazole which should take care of Hexamita spp. (the pathogen 'responsible' for HITH). I have also stopped using carbon, kept my water changes at 75% weekly, and made sure the diet is the best available. It just keeps getting worse, little by little.

danthefishman
12-30-2006, 10:52 AM
my local fish shop has told me and i have read that it is caused by either poor water quality or a lack of vitimin c. feeding food with high vitimin c and sprinula can help the fish recover as discus and some marine have the same problem and they have healed them this way. mite be worth a try if hes not too far gone.

Fishguy2727
12-30-2006, 01:57 PM
I think my foods have vitamin C in them and it has just continued to get worse.

danthefishman
12-30-2006, 05:43 PM
cant realy help im afriad, hope you dont loose him though.

Juannie
01-08-2007, 04:43 AM
That is so sad to hear about your jaguar. I hope things improve "miraculously" for him. FINGERS CROSSED