PDA

View Full Version : Ok I just had to share this

tanks4thememories
08-08-2008, 02:19 AM
I have two Plecos:
(1) 5.5 inch common sailfin
(1) 5 inch albino Chocolate

So it is a new tank and I have been concerned about thier getting enough food. I have a huge driftwood but I just dont think it can be that appetizing. So anyway I tried romane lettuce and neither of them gave it a second look, thin I noticed people feed thiers zuchinni so I put a peice in the tank and left it over night. Here is what happened. I woke the next day to find them both still munching on the half of zuchinni and the common sailfin had a long string of poop that must have been about 8 inches hanging off his rear end...lol...but waite it gets funnier. I figured he must have been eating it all night. So I felt guilty that I hadnt given them this sooner so I left it in the tank for the rest of the day....He stayed there ALL DAY with a continueos string of poop as he kept eating non stop!! I finally took it out today and he was pissed ...lol DOnt worry I kept an eye on my amonia and nitrites all was good. Just thought id share

ladyoutlaw50
08-08-2008, 01:08 PM
both of my plecos love just about anything - -but they always get the bottom of the tank stuff -- mine also love cucumbers.

justyn725
08-08-2008, 01:10 PM
I have two Plecos:
(1) 5.5 inch common sailfin
(1) 5 inch albino Chocolate

So it is a new tank and I have been concerned about thier getting enough food. I have a huge driftwood but I just dont think it can be that appetizing. So anyway I tried romane lettuce and neither of them gave it a second look, thin I noticed people feed thiers zuchinni so I put a peice in the tank and left it over night. Here is what happened. I woke the next day to find them both still munching on the half of zuchinni and the common sailfin had a long string of poop that must have been about 8 inches hanging off his rear end...lol...but waite it gets funnier. I figured he must have been eating it all night. So I felt guilty that I hadnt given them this sooner so I left it in the tank for the rest of the day....He stayed there ALL DAY with a continueos string of poop as he kept eating non stop!! I finally took it out today and he was pissed ...lol DOnt worry I kept an eye on my amonia and nitrites all was good. Just thought id share

Great story...lol

Lady Hobbs
08-08-2008, 02:12 PM
Sounds like he needed a cleaning out anyway. LOL

tanks4thememories
08-08-2008, 04:30 PM
Great story...lol

Ty ...HEHEHEH

tanks4thememories
08-08-2008, 04:31 PM
Sounds like he needed a cleaning out anyway. LOL

Yes I guess he did...lol