PDA

View Full Version : YAY!!! & Q for the Pro's

abaigael04
08-07-2008, 12:28 PM
The LFS I shop at said they can finally get me my L-239!!! :19: :19: :19: :19: He will be in on Monday, but they are closed on Monday. I just got a Q tank that I will seed with filters from my tank so he will go in there for a little while... Also, bought more wood for my tank and except for the lights/planting and finishing the stocking of it - it is done!(then I will put some danios in my Q tank - as another tank!) (LOL, so it is not actually anywhere near done!) The L-239 is a PERFECT example of why common names can be BAD.. he is called the "blue fin panaque" but he isn't even a panaque! He is an ancistrini! Also -
A question... are ALL ancistrus species BN's? L-239 is an ancistrini sp. ? I don't see any pictures of him having bristles, though. What about species like baryancistrus or hemiancistrus? My Hemi has some "spikes" on his fins? Or someone could just point me in the direction of more detailed information about information like this for plecos that would be GREAT! Thank You!

angelcakes
08-07-2008, 01:24 PM
all i can say is congrats and im as jealous as hell:hmm3grin2orange:

james481
08-07-2008, 05:01 PM
I don't know the answers to your questions, but I bet the guys here (http://www.planetcatfish.com) do.

toddnbecka
08-07-2008, 05:02 PM
Info on pleco's? Haven't you been to planetcatfish.com or plecofanatics.com? They're where the hardcore pleco pro's hang out.

abaigael04
08-07-2008, 05:18 PM
yes, I have but I was asking here, too on PC's L-239 page there is not a whole lot of info, although I am still searching around on line and I asked on PC's forum..

toddnbecka
08-08-2008, 04:30 AM
On the PC forum there's a list of members who have kept the fish on the info page for each species. You could try PM'ing a few of those folks for specific info. I'm fairly new to pleco's aside from BN's, no expert my any means.

abaigael04
08-08-2008, 10:45 AM
I did ask on their forum ... Got some info but not a ton. Ill just keep looking... :)

angelcakes
08-08-2008, 10:50 AM
do not be put off by the name of the site this has quite a bit of info

http://www.piranha-info.com/default.php?lang=en&id=L239