PDA

View Full Version : tutti fruiti frogs?

Angila
08-06-2008, 11:55 AM
i was in my lfs and the lady shows me this new frog they have gotten in it is a tutti fruiti frog coming in bright colors my question is are these died or painted? It looks alot like african clawed frog but only with like green and orange for colors. The green is really pretty but i won't buy one until i know for sure thats the way they are born the bright orange sends me signals something more sinister is how they got that way. I asked the lady there and she said o well i don't know for sure if they are ded i think they die the eggs... either way its still messed up and i don't want to prommote it so please if you know let me know.

Fishguy2727
08-06-2008, 12:11 PM
Sounds like dying. Since African clawed frogs come in an albino version this makes them great subjects to dye.

Fishalicious
08-06-2008, 12:11 PM
Only frogs I know of with real coloring are terrarium frogs.... never ever heard of a colored aquatic frog... you have the wild coloring and the albino version in many of the aquatic frogs but no colors as far as I know...so I think it is safe to say they are dyed

Algenco
08-06-2008, 12:30 PM
They are dyed.
African clawed frogs are banned in my state so the wholesalers are calling the Tutti Frutti frogs to get around the ban

angelcakes
08-06-2008, 12:46 PM
these frogs are dyed:ssad: im sad that this can be done.......

Angila
08-20-2008, 01:35 AM
thanks so much for letting me know i can't beleive they keep doing this poor frogs i used to have a african clawed frog and sometimes i would see him eat his slime coating i know with dyes and such it can't be healthy

invadertoast
08-20-2008, 01:41 AM
I just saw these at the mall earlier today... they were pink, orange, and green and looked terrible. This was at a kiosk in the mall and they were selling them in TINY plastic kritter keeper type containers. I didn't know they did this to frogs until today... poor guys :(

Fishguy2727
08-20-2008, 12:38 PM
He is not eating his slime but his skin that he just shed. Frogs and some lizards do that.