PDA

View Full Version : 344 Gallon Tank

HFRCampbell
08-05-2008, 11:11 PM
Hey, im in the process of building a tank, and im thinking of stocking it w some central american males. Its 6 ft long 4 feet wide, and 2 feet high. I was thinking of like 1 male dovii, 1 male black nasty, 1 male trimac, 1 male jag, and 1 male of another species, i know it is a good mix of very aggresive species but i think the tank will have enough space for good territory of each male. For filtration i was thinking of two fluvel fx5s.
What do you recromend for the second species, plz give a common and scientific name, and how big they get maby even a link to there pics.
Also would a 2 in sand bed be thick enough or should i add some more?

billy2guns
08-27-2008, 11:19 PM
I have no experience with any of those fish you mentioned, however I would love to see some pics of your tank when completed. I watched a video of a Dovi on youtube and I dont think anything would survive in that tank with him. The Dovi kept ramming the glass, it was rather disturbing. I read that Dovi's are an open water predators and should not be kept in a tank. Anyways good luck with your tank.

nano cichlids
08-31-2008, 10:09 PM
Wow you sure you wana go with an all male stock with super aggressive cichlids? the black nasty will destroy your other cichlids and the dovi will join in soon enough