PDA

View Full Version : Where do you get your plants?

MrKickalot
12-22-2006, 04:39 PM
I was wondering where everyone got their live plants... online?? Locally?? My tank is pretty full but there are a few places I would like to have plants but I can't find much variety locally....

As always, Thanks.

Happy Holidays!

Jason

Neithan
12-22-2006, 05:58 PM
I doubt this will help you as such, but I get most of mine from fellow aquarists with the "wanna swap some of that plant for some of this" method =P I also have one favourite petshop for all my fishy needs, including plants.

Lady Hobbs
12-22-2006, 06:20 PM
I would probably go online when I get mine so you know you are actually getting plants that grow in aquariums. Also know more about them. Lots of places have plants and fish both and that would be a way to kill 2 birds with one stone.

jman
12-22-2006, 06:22 PM
I normally get mine locally but i would recommend the internet because they have a better variety.

jeffs99dime
12-22-2006, 08:33 PM
you can get them online pretty cheap. i personally get them locally when i get them that is

turbomkt
12-23-2006, 06:30 AM
Most of my plants have been acquired through online trades or purchases. Recently I've been bugging a couple of the lfs in my area to do more plant business. One of them started ordering plants from www.aquabotanic.com and a couple other places. That store also just built a custom 120g tank just to display their plants. That makes two tanks dedicated to plants and about 4 more that include the taller plants that don't work so well in the display tanks.

Avoid, for the most part, Petco/Petsmart/Walmart etc.

Check out Aquabid.com as well as the planted forums (AquaticPlantCentral.com and PlantedTank.net are examples). They have RAOK's (random act of kindness) where you pay just shipping for a ton of plants. You also see a lot of rare plants traded or sold for next to nothing.