PDA

View Full Version : Java Moss- How to make it grow

lpstong
12-20-2005, 12:24 AM
I was reading the article on java moss. It said something to the effect of using wire or a rubber band. So do we use the wire or rubber band to attach the java moss to a certain object in the tank to keep it from floating? Or did i miss understand. I could only imagine that moss would float away if not secured to something before the roots have taken root.

William
12-20-2005, 06:17 AM
You have understood it correctly. You use a rubber band or similar to attach the moss and allow it time to attach itself to the object so that the rubber band after a while no longer is needed.

jnmrcs
04-24-2006, 05:17 PM
I have java moss floating on my tank. I have to attach it? I read that you could attach it or leave it floating.

rollie
04-24-2006, 06:28 PM
you can attach it if you want, but it up to you. i let mine do what it want. ps, it do not have roots!!

jnmrcs
05-09-2006, 02:48 PM
Wich one it's better? (attached or floating)
Does that make any difference for the growing of the plant?

William
05-09-2006, 04:34 PM
Attached is usually better. Will keep it where you want it and prevent parts of it from getting stuck in the filter etc.

jnmrcs
05-09-2006, 04:57 PM
Thanks.

ankomocchi
10-11-2006, 06:32 AM
Floating or attatched is fine. :D You could tie it to something (attatched) with a rubber band (wires might rust and mess up your water) and eventually (usually pretty quickly) the java moss will attatch itself. Be careful, though, because I know of a few people who have had to get rid of or sell java moss because it took over their tanks. XD For me, I would let it float if I had fry (baby fish) because it's a good hiding place. Hope I helped :D