PDA

View Full Version : Hi! I'm Linda

mcapple
12-22-2006, 05:16 AM
Hi! My name is Linda. I live in middle Tennessee, USA. I love fish! I especially love my african cichlids. I have 9 tanks and need more. Presently I have about 100 baby Victorian Lake cichlids. They are so cute! I have Mbunas, Peacocks and Haps. Two Betta tanks. One 10 gallon community tank. My favorite fish is the Christmas Fulus. X. phytofagus. I have 25 Christmas babies that were 'born'...released! on my birthday last week. Great birthday present.

I do have one question. I have a 2 yr old Chinese algae eater that is very sick. I only know that he is sick because he is not moving about as usual, He even let me catch him bare-handed without putting up a fight. He seems to be breathing hard. And he is somewhat swollen on his sides. What might be wrong with him? I don't know much about algae eaters or how to treat them. I have several medications on hand but do not know which would be safe for him. I did put Melafix in his 'quarantine' tank.

I thank you for any help you could give me. I look forward to learning alot here on this site. Bye now, and MERRY CHRISTMAS! Linda

crackatinny
12-22-2006, 05:18 AM
Welcome to AC, you will enjoy it here, the advice is great, and you will have a lot of fun whilst learning.

Lady Hobbs
12-22-2006, 08:28 AM
Welcome Linda. Well, you certainly aren't new to the hobby with all those cichlids. Good to have you here. I have no idea of what could be wrong with your algae eater. Perhaps some greens in his tank might help if he's got a bit of indigestion?

Cichlid_Man
12-22-2006, 11:23 AM
Hi Linda, and welcome!
Not sure about the chinese cat.
I know as they get older they eat less and less algae, so maybe Hobbs is right?
Add some spinach or lettuce at dusk when they eat...
Someone else may come along with better advice on cats

Lindsay_D
12-22-2006, 01:12 PM
Hi Linda...I'm Lindsay (a girl...sorry crackatinny). Happy Holidays i must say

Abbeys_Mom
12-22-2006, 01:50 PM
Welcome to the forum :)

jeffs99dime
12-22-2006, 02:24 PM
need more tanks huh? there's a lot of that going around. lol welcome to a.c.

jman
12-22-2006, 07:26 PM
Welcome to the forum and merry christmas!

NorthernBoy
12-23-2006, 08:03 AM
hola mucho gusto

Severus
12-23-2006, 10:31 PM
Welcome to AC Linda