PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Test forum

nwnittany
08-02-2008, 02:32 PM
Since a lot of folks here post pictures and videos, it might be a good idea to have a test board where people can try these out...especially since the edit feature is time-limited.

Lady Hobbs
08-02-2008, 02:40 PM
Since just used as a short time area, easier to just delete the post. No point in taking up more bandwidth for testing.

angelcakes
08-02-2008, 02:42 PM
Since just used as a short time area, easier to just delete the post. No point in taking up more bandwidth for testing.
i agree with lady hobbs..........you can delete the post:19:

nwnittany
08-02-2008, 02:45 PM
Is the delete thread option time-limited ? Oh yeah - where is the delete thread option ? LOL...answering my own questions....I see it as part of edit.

angelcakes
08-02-2008, 02:46 PM
yes as soon as you see that your edit button has gone you cant delete but if you ask nicely a mod may delete for you:19:

nwnittany
08-02-2008, 02:52 PM
Six one, half-doz the other.

A lot of other forums have a special place to put tests so other readers don't see the disappearing posts. Ie, they are all put in the Test forum, which nobody looks at and is generally at the very bottom of the forum list.

The bandwidth (storage is the bigger issue) isn't a big deal, because the convention could be to delete the post after you were done testing.

But, like I said, the current system works....

Lady Hobbs
08-02-2008, 03:22 PM
Anyone who wishes to "test" can do it in controversal and one of the Mods will delete it so we are not taking up space with a bunch of "tests". Just let a MOD know so they can get rid of it.

I asked Billy to test his signature in that way and he knows it would be deleted.

nwnittany
08-02-2008, 03:35 PM
Hobbs,

This isn't related to Billy's post (although it triggered the thought). I'm not bothered by test posts.

Just making a suggestion. Thanks for your consideration and courteous response.

I'll drop it.

Lady Hobbs
08-02-2008, 06:05 PM
You have an award coming! Just tossed your thread off track with that but I know you want your award. Read your PM, OK.