PDA

View Full Version : Black Moor with bent spine

Juannie
08-02-2008, 04:51 AM
Has anyone had any experience with goldfish and bent spine? My black moor I've had for about 5+yrs has it, she's had it all week. It is causing her to float upside down which must be so horrible. I'm unsure of what to do, is it fish TB? She's got a couple of scales which are missing but that is all, she hasn't gotten worse, she's been the same all week? There's no electricity leaking into the tank so it's not electrical. She has had ongoing health probs for 1.5yrs now and I thought she was coming right. Any advice appreciated.

Halelorf
08-02-2008, 11:56 AM
Try feeding some frozen peas popped out of the shell. This might help with the floating. I had a ryukin with a bent spine that had health problems for the few years I had it. It might be TB or it could many other things. Has it always had the bent spine? It might just be a birth defect.

Mvjnz
08-02-2008, 12:46 PM
How big is the tank and how big is the fish? Is the filter big enough for the tank? Goldfish are rather messy fish which need a strong filter. And if the tank is too small for it it can cause health problems it wouldn't otherwise have.

gm72
08-02-2008, 01:08 PM
How big is the tank and how big is the fish? Is the filter big enough for the tank? Goldfish are rather messy fish which need a strong filter. And if the tank is too small for it it can cause health problems it wouldn't otherwise have.

Agreed. Sounds like water condition problems given the fish has been having problems for 1.5 years.

Lady Hobbs
08-02-2008, 01:33 PM
Hi Juannie, long time no see. Your Moor sounds as it has bloat. The raised scales are an indiction of that. Doesn't sound hopefully to me but I hope he improves

Juannie
08-04-2008, 04:45 AM
Thanks everyone. I've had water problems with her for sometime - esp when it gets hot in summer over here, since the heat dropped (we moved the tank into another room) it's certainly helped her but then last week she had a bent spine. She's gotten worse over the weekend. Her scales aren't raised only a couple missing.

She's not bloated - in fact I've hardly seen her eat. It just sucks having to watch her go through all this. The tank is 4 feet and there's masses of room for her, I've got good filtration as well - the only probs I've ever had a really from the heat spikes - comes with living on the Gold Coast here in Aus.