PDA

View Full Version : a thought/suggestion

Tolley
08-01-2008, 12:47 AM
Ok heres something i was thinking, we have cichlids and catfish what about the other groups?

Characins
Tetras
Pencilfish
Hatchetfish

Cyprinids
Barbs
Danios
Rasboras
Loaches
'Sharks'

Other
Goldfish
Killifish
Labyrinth (Betta, Gourami...e.t.c.)
Killifish
Livebearers (Platy,Guppy,Molly...e.t.c.)

This could be a pointless idea. Negative/Positive comments are welcome.
oh yeah and i have probably got some of my information messed up. so corrections are welcome too.

ILuvMyGoldBarb
08-01-2008, 12:57 AM
Personally I think it would make the forum structure far too complex. More than is really needed. Besides, the needs for individual species within a family are so similar to each other it really isn't necessary. That's my $.02

Fishguy2727
08-01-2008, 01:10 AM
There are SOO many types and of varying care that the cichlids and catfish should be split up. For example, the care aspects concerning African cichlids vary greatly from that of oscars. With all the others most of it overlaps and it is unnecessary to split them up. It also has to do with traffic. If all the cichlids were in one section then it would quickly get flooded with threads and many would end up on the second (or even third) page, which can be easily overlooked. If more traffic developed in one of the mentioned sections then it would be a good idea to split it up so that all threads got the attention they need. Interest also varies. I may be nuts about one type of cichlid or just in plecos, but not care at all about the other types. This way I can focus just on the ones I am interested in and not have to sort through all the threads about the others.

If more traffic develops in those sections they will definitely need to be split up.

ILuvMyGoldBarb
08-01-2008, 01:26 AM
Cichlids and Catfish are already split up.

Fishguy2727
08-01-2008, 01:56 AM
I know, that was what I was comparing to the not split up sections he mentioned. He mentioned that they should be split up just like the cichlid and catfish sections are and I explained why they are, but the others are not.

cocoa_pleco
08-01-2008, 02:44 AM
Personally I think it would make the forum structure far too complex. More than is really needed. Besides, the needs for individual species within a family are so similar to each other it really isn't necessary. That's my $.02

gotta agree

Tolley
08-02-2008, 08:25 AM
Thats guys exactly what i was thinking, but figured i'd give it a shot.