PDA

View Full Version : Platy with TB?

Daybis
07-31-2008, 04:34 PM
For the last few days, my wife and I have noticed that we have a Platy that was acting kind of strange. He would sit down at the bottom of the tank, but when we would walk up to the tank he would start acting normal. He was eating normally. He showed no other symptoms other than laying at the bottom of the tank. Then about two days ago I noticed is spine didn't look very strait. When I woke up this morning he was floating on the surface with a sever looking curve in his spine. He looked to be suffering, so I euthanize him. All of my water parameters are perfect. Ammo 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 10. Water temp is about 78 degrees. The only fish in the tank with the Platy is 2 other platies, 8 tetras, and a beta. One of my other Platyies has what looks like a bite mark taken out of his tail. I figured this was from the Beta. All of the other fish look healthy and happy. No signs of neon tetra disease from the tetras.

My fear is that this is TB. Sometime last week, I moved some of the tetras from this tank to my larger tank that contains my BP and GBRs. I am afraid that all of my fish might be infected. Does this sound like TB? How worried should I be about my larger tank because of the transfer?

Any help would be appreciated.