PDA

View Full Version : Angel spawning trio

Slinky_Bass
12-20-2006, 09:26 PM
:1luvu: My Angels have been real broody lately, nothing unusual about that, the mated pair have been pretty regular spawners on their favourite amazon sword for years now. But imagine my suprise when I come home and see both males taking turns at fertilising the eggs. When they were done the female chased the second male away and she proceeded to mouth the eggs. About half an hour later I see the pair eating the eggs, I wonder if they knew on some level that maybe those fry shouldn't have two daddys!

jman
12-20-2006, 11:59 PM
lol i think they were trying not to start anything else as, they already have enough problems taking care of the babies with one male.

Lady Hobbs
12-21-2006, 12:08 AM
Whos yur daddy?

As hard as I try, I can not convince my angel that one is a He and the other a She. I watch and watch for a moment of excitement and nothing. They are either the same sex or just aren't interested. One is larger than the other and I thought this the male but I apparently missed the boat on this one. It would be so nice if a person could tell the different sex's when you bought them.

I've had this problem with every fish I own. I got 6 silver dollars and guess what.......all males. I got 9 tetra's, 7 rasbora's, and several of everything. Not one spanning yet in nearly a year. I must pick my fish from the gay tanks.

jman
12-21-2006, 12:09 AM
LOL always got something to laugh at when you post!

Slinky_Bass
12-21-2006, 09:07 PM
LOL Hobbs. I read something very interesting a while ago (can't quite remember where) about same sex angel tanks.

Apparently this guy had a whole bunch of female angels, and they would take turns at laying eggs while the most dominant female would play male. She would pretend to fertilize them and guard them and for the duration of the spawning they would act as your typical mated pair would. The eggs would get fungus and slowly be eaten and then things would go back to normal until the next egg laden female needed to spawn.