PDA

View Full Version : Got Bored

Kyle
07-30-2008, 07:25 AM
Like most I had goldfish when I was what 10? and since then I have lost interest in goldfish till now. I was at the LFS and saw all the comet feeders and I couldnt pass them up since I had no money to add to my saltwater collection and just some spare change. So I bought 12 comets for about $1.50 what a deal! I put them in my spare 55g and they seem quite happy better then being dinner!

Billythefish
07-30-2008, 09:14 AM
Like most I had goldfish when I was what 10? and since then I have lost interest in goldfish till now. I was at the LFS and saw all the comet feeders and I couldnt pass them up since I had no money to add to my saltwater collection and just some spare change. So I bought 12 comets for about $1.50 what a deal! I put them in my spare 55g and they seem quite happy better then being dinner!
Thats cool and all but be warned as thay are sold as feeders thay may have bad health and not been given the best of care

pes142
07-30-2008, 02:49 PM
my mom needed something to spruce up her kitchen, an old tank and a twelve cent goldfish, and 4 years later, my mom would not be without a fishy companion in the kitchen!

cocoa_pleco
07-30-2008, 05:39 PM
some guy at petsmart wanted all of the feeders they had, and since i was first i took 10 of them, i figured living in a tropical tank isnt as bad as being eaten. my pacus wont harm any of my fish, not even tiny tetras, but when the goldfish came in they went on a royal rampage, there were poor goldy heads bobbing allover. I saved 3, 2 died of stress, but ive still got one today living in his own tank.

hope you have better luck with yours. lol

JewelsO's
07-31-2008, 12:58 AM
Congrats on your new fish! Remember though those get very big! over 15 inches.. so they will need a bigger home one day.. I've saved many feeders that were sick and with salt and prazi miracles happen! Good luck!

Kyle
07-31-2008, 04:29 AM
Well I work at the LFS I bought them from so I know the care they have been given and when they get too big theres a large pond display at the store waiting for them :19:

KrytterKrys
07-31-2008, 05:37 AM
i had some i got as feeders for my turtles, but they were more like friends! i put them in my moms pond after they got to big for the turtles tank they like it much better there :)