PDA

View Full Version : Chopsticks.....

nwnittany
07-30-2008, 05:14 AM
I've been experimenting with different vehicles to feed vegetables to my fish.

My latest attempt was to put a piece of blanched spinach on the bottom of a wooden chopstick and then use a suction cup to hold the whole thing to the side of the tank. An extra glass of wine may have contributed to this creativity.

In any case, in the morning I found my baby bristlenose pleco had left the spinach intact, but was busily chomping on the chopstick.

I know these guys like wood and have a nice piece of driftwood in the tank, which he also chews.

Anyone see a problem with just leaving the chopstick in for him to munch on ? He seems to like it alot (it's probably much softer than the driftwood).

W_Oz
07-30-2008, 07:35 AM
I suppose so long as it doesn't have any sort of coating on it it should be okay. I don't imagine the bamboo can hurt them....

kaoticice
07-30-2008, 07:49 AM
I'm not entirely sure, but considering that those wooden chopsticks are made out of wood, it could possibly replace the need of having driftwood. I'm unsure whether those chopsticks undergone chemical processing though.

Billythefish
07-30-2008, 09:07 AM
Haha i feed my green spotted puffer with chopsticks thay are so handy.. You could also try a peg and clip your veg in the tank... I wouldn't let your bn have the chopstick just not sure he needs it as you have driftwood anyway.

toddnbecka
07-30-2008, 03:58 PM
Any sort of wood-eating pleco's seem to prefer softer wood, though they will gnaw on whatever is available. Fruit trees like cherry or apple seem to be their favorite types, avoid pine or fir though (too much resin.)

Ryuu
07-30-2008, 04:06 PM
Lol, skip the food, go for the desert lol, no jk, dont have a pleco, I plan on getting one soon tho, lol I couldnt resist

nwnittany
07-31-2008, 03:10 PM
Well, the spinach is long gone, but the chopstick is still in there and the pleco loves it.

Figures. I have this beautiful piece of wood in the middle of the tank and my pleco opts for the chopstick. Gotta laugh at that....

sandy_n
07-31-2008, 03:17 PM
Well, the spinach is long gone, but the chopstick is still in there and the pleco loves it.

Figures. I have this beautiful piece of wood in the middle of the tank and my pleco opts for the chopstick. Gotta laugh at that....

Hmmm, sounds like the kid that would rather play with the box than the toy that came in it, lol! :hmm3grin2orange:

nwnittany
07-31-2008, 03:19 PM
LOL !!! You nailed it... Gotta tell that one to my wife...