PDA

View Full Version : What to feed

funnyfish
07-28-2008, 10:10 PM
What can I feed to supp. my mystery snail. I had to move him for now to a 2.5 gallon and I know he's going to need a little more for now can I give him veggies?

Dave66
07-28-2008, 11:29 PM
Certainly you can give him vegetables, funnyfish. Leafy veggies are best, like leaf spinach, Romaine lettuce, Kale and the like. Just squish up the leaves so the flesh inside them is visible, and rubber band the stem of the leaf to a rock so that the leaf is laying on the substrate, and place it in the tank about an hour before lights out. If the leaf, or leaves, are skeletonized or just plain gone, your snail has eaten. Just take out what remains in the morning if there's little left. If a lot remains, just leave it in 'til you replace it that evening, as your other fish will like to nibble on the leaves as well.
Don't use Iceberg Lettuce, as it's useless for nutrition.

Dave

funnyfish
07-29-2008, 01:59 AM
Thanks dave always helpful and nice. I just dont want him to starve and now that hes not in the main tank he doesnt have alot to eat will he eat cucumber also? I have romaine I will put in there tonight

Dave66
07-29-2008, 02:33 AM
Thanks dave always helpful and nice. I just dont want him to starve and now that hes not in the main tank he doesnt have alot to eat will he eat cucumber also? I have romaine I will put in there tonight

funnyfish,
Yep, you can try cucumber. Just sink a decent slice with a clean teaspoon in the evening, and see if he's eaten any the next day. Most snails really dig cucumber.

Dave

funnyfish
07-29-2008, 05:20 AM
well hes all over the lettuce right now like nuts lol and I have added cucumber so I hope hes happy now.. ( gary ) and the ADF are in a 2.5 gallon since last night till I can figure out what I am going to do with them due to medicating the main tank. So thank you for your help