PDA

View Full Version : questions on kribensis

Kaga's Kritters
07-28-2008, 05:11 PM
Do they do better in groups/pairs, or is it ok to have just one? I am working on going a different way with my 29g. I got a small yellow lab and a kribensis yesterday. they get along fine with the current tank inhabitants, but I want to sell the serpaes, red-eye tetras, and maybe a gourami or two and go more of a....well not sure what to call it, lol....plan on having some peaceful - semi-aggresive cichlids, along with a couple opaline gouramis, and yoyo loaches. I have a bolivian ram and may get another ram or two also....once i sell some of the other fish. I will probably only have the one yellow lab cause I read that 2 males dont always do too well together and if u have male/female u need a few females per male.....and i dont want ot just fill the tank with labs, so i will just stick with the one....wondering if the kribensis are the same or if they are ok together, or what....thanks.

Abbeys_Mom
07-28-2008, 05:19 PM
Kribensis males would not get along in that small a tank. They do best in pairs, but then they get aggresive and breed.

Kaga's Kritters
07-28-2008, 05:21 PM
so i should just stick with the one i have (well better see if its a boy or girl first, lol)

bmvbab
07-29-2008, 08:17 AM
kaga forget peace once the krib pair decide to breed :) I have a 29 with a pair of kribs and man are they agressive, most of the time I see my other fish sticking to the top of the tank...the male keeps driving them off.

If its a 29 long then you are better off.

Kaga's Kritters
07-30-2008, 01:45 AM
its a 29g high, so i guess i will stick with just the one. I am pretty sure it's a male, and I have the male yellow lab, and a male bolivian ram.....so i should be good, lol.....even my ram gets pushy once in awhile.

Juannie
08-04-2008, 11:59 PM
I have LOTS in a 5 foot tank with 2 large severums, a gold gourami, tetras, gibby pleco, sucker fish, 2 corys & a convict - they stay in their cave at one end and breed like rabbits - I don't have a lot of fighting going on. Although they do get nippy if someone else strolls into their territory, other than that I don't have a lot of trouble, but if they're breeding I would recommend that you put them into something larger.

On saying all that I have LOTS of hiding places as well.