PDA

View Full Version : Amano shrimp: So, now... what?

DragonGoby
07-28-2008, 01:39 PM
For a long time now, we had four amano shrimp in our 10 gal... since we never seen the hint of an egg, we get to the conclusion that we've got only male or female.... And since all the information about amano shrimp said rearing their larvae is difficult, it wasn't so bad...
But... two weeks ago we bought four new amano shrimps... really little and cute...
Ta daaaaaaaam :c2: !!!! four days later, one of our big shrimp was berried... So we had our answer: our "older" shrimps were all female...
And last night we saw that three of the four "old" shrimp are now berried....
So we certainly have some very active male in our 4 new "little shrimp"...

Conclusion: We're happy to have babies shrimp... But it's going to be a lot of work to rear them....
We will take any suggestion or advice for helping us in this new stage of shrimp keeping.:11:

angelcakes
07-28-2008, 03:46 PM
congrats with the babbies:19: :19:

Fishalicious
07-28-2008, 04:52 PM
Congrats ... but now the hard work really starts LOL

The best guide on hatching is:
http://mikes-machine.mine.nu/breeding_yamato.htm

It's the only one I tried that also worked for me... have fun :19:

Mustang Boy
07-28-2008, 05:26 PM
congrats on the babies and good luck raising the little ones

DragonGoby
07-28-2008, 07:02 PM
Congrats ... but now the hard work really starts LOL

The best guide on hatching is:
http://mikes-machine.mine.nu/breeding_yamato.htm

It's the only one I tried that also worked for me... have fun :19:

thanks, Jess :11: ! Yeah, we have found this link, that's why I'm so worried about rearing those little rascals... It seems so complicated...
Hopefully we will have better luck than with the betta fry (complete loss, i'm so sad and disappointed...:c11: )

GouramiGal
07-28-2008, 07:28 PM
congrats and good luck! You must be excited!

DragonGoby
07-29-2008, 01:50 PM
Oh yeah!! We are!!!:19: :19: :18:
A little affraid that the three female decide to give birth before we come back of our holidays.
And very very anxious to prepare all that is needed for the babies to arrive and grow safely (tank, salt, other tank, food... aaaaaaaaaaaah!:14: )

I hope it's going to work, and if we have any luck, we'll show you some pictures of all the larvae! and their growth....