PDA

View Full Version : Gemstone and her Betta babies

Boertjie
07-28-2008, 06:49 AM
My wife is always talking to her Bettas and they actually listen and seems like understanding her.
Here is a photo of her playing with her male "Little Prince"

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/fishpictures/showphoto.php?photo=7766&cat=500&ppuser=14395

It is amazing how tamed they get.

angelcakes
07-28-2008, 07:57 AM
My wife is always talking to her Bettas and they actually listen and seems like understanding her.
Here is a photo of her playing with her male "Little Prince"

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/fishpictures/showphoto.php?photo=7766&cat=500&ppuser=14395

It is amazing how tamed they get.
:hmm3grin2orange: i talk to my boys........its not that uncommon,as soon as you go to the tank there.... there and thats a nice betta you have:19:

Gemstone
07-28-2008, 08:07 AM
lol....he is the one that I got as a teenie weenie baby....small as my pinkie nail...and has grown into a pretty boy...is bigger now than on that photo...and has a *whispers*....girlfriend....who mamma will allow him to breed with once we are settled in the new house...at the moment they each spend time in the large breeding net in his tank...so as to give the other one some time to swim aroung freely in the tank...and he is making bubble nests all over the place...and eyeing her out...SHE....is a real little madam....and ignores him completely....except when he is not watching...then she goes looking where he is..(I allow them time together as well each day)....

Little Prince plays at being real cockey...although I have a sneaking suspicion it's all just attention seeking..

GouramiGal
07-28-2008, 03:21 PM
They really do have tons of personality, don't they? I just got a new betta on friday and I'm already in love!

ladyoutlaw50
07-28-2008, 08:59 PM
Gemstone I bet it is so much fun in your house!!!!

Lady Hobbs
07-29-2008, 12:00 AM
Very cute and closely watching thru that net.

funnyfish
07-29-2008, 03:37 AM
I talk to my fish too but *shhh* dont tell anyone lol... Beautiful boy Gem

Gemstone
07-29-2008, 07:42 AM
Gemstone I bet it is so much fun in your house!!!!

:hmm3grin2orange: welllll...lemme put it to yo:hmm3grin2orange: u this way...we dont watch tv...we watch fish...Mondays it's the tetras...tuesdays its the severums...wednesdays its the livebearers....hehe...etc...

Gemstone
07-29-2008, 07:44 AM
Very cute and closely watching thru that net.
He's the one that was sooo tiny I did not know the sex...and he was sooo sick...can't believe what a strapping young fellow he has turned out to be...*S*

Boertjie
07-29-2008, 08:10 AM
Last night we were laying in bed and Gemstone actually told me to move a bit she can't see some of the fish!!!:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:
We have not watched TV for more than a year now.....and dont miss it either.:laugh1blue:

sandy_n
07-31-2008, 04:52 PM
He's a nice looking betta. :c3:

bettasandbeads
08-01-2008, 11:23 PM
Bettas are great aren't they. Mine seem to know when I need a pick me up.
My guys like to watch TV. Not the violent stuff just the action shows and of course the animal station.
They all come over to the TV side of their individual tanks to watch. My 18 Betta tanks ( from 2.5 gal to 10 gal) are in my living room.
Sometimes I cann't believe I've only had them for about 3 years.
Catherine

love me, love my Bettas
Just one more Betta

ehjsne
08-11-2008, 03:16 PM
When i talk to my bettas. one just stops moving and acts like he is listening. while my other one just ignores me and she continues trying to show off to my male. Its fun to watch them.

Gemstone
08-12-2008, 05:44 AM
Bettas are great aren't they. Mine seem to know when I need a pick me up.
My guys like to watch TV. Not the violent stuff just the action shows and of course the animal station.
They all come over to the TV side of their individual tanks to watch. My 18 Betta tanks ( from 2.5 gal to 10 gal) are in my living room.
Sometimes I cann't believe I've only had them for about 3 years.
Catherine

love me, love my Bettas
Just one more Betta

18 betta tanks....oooooo nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......... ..*looks beseachingly at the love of her life....*

Boertjie
08-12-2008, 06:09 AM
18 betta tanks....oooooo nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......... ..*looks beseachingly at the love of her life....*
We have the space ...................I will build you a very special Betta tank in due time...:14:

Gemstone
08-12-2008, 06:20 AM
*almost falls into a swoon*...isn't he just the cutest thing....:18: