PDA

View Full Version : help me pick!!!

graceluvsplatys
07-28-2008, 12:19 AM
I am gonna get a new breeding pair, cuz my feamle i think is too old, and i ont want to risk her health. my male, he leapt for freedom.
so, i am wondering what kinds i should pick!! i want a mixed colors, and here is what is at lfs:
veil ( m, f) 2-3 $
crowntail ( m, f) 5-6$
delta ( m, f?) 8-9$
half moon ( m) 13$
what types or colors do you think? i will have to see nwat they have next time i go, but i want a bit of an idea. what types are easiest/ hardest to breed? which do you reccomend?

eellover87
07-28-2008, 12:28 AM
i really like the crown tail and the half moon .... i once had a betta, but it belong to my dad so i don't see it very often. :) but i help him take care of it.

bettasandbeads
07-28-2008, 12:38 AM
Hi.
Here is a little about the different tall types and their breeding.
Vail tails are very sterdy and are fairly easy to breed. Also generaly they can be picked up at any LPS.
Half Moons, mean that their tail when spread will reach a 190 degree angle. Like a half moon in shape. Their tails are a little more fragile and they
can be finicy about breeding.
Super Deltas/ Deltas have a same tail shape as a Half Moon but when spreed do not have a full 190 degree. Super Deltas spreed to 180-190. Deltas tails are the same shape as Half Moons and Super Detas but do not spreed over 180 degrees.
All Bettas come in different colours. It just depends what you are looking for.
Remember the off spring will not be identical to the parents. That is the one of the things what makes Bettas so much fun to breed. No two Bettas are exactly the same in colour or tail shape.
Another thing about breeding Bettas. They are very picky sometimes. If they don't like the mate you have picked out, you can forget them spawning.
I'm not kidding. I have had one very picky male (HM) who turned down the two matching females I introduced him to and would only mate with a different coloured female.
If you would like to know more about bettas and breeding them gpo to
www.ibcbettas.com
That is the International Betta Congress. They have lots of information about the different types and colours of bettas.
Hope that helps.
Catherine

graceluvsplatys
07-28-2008, 12:42 AM
thanks! i will only go with hm or delta if i find a grwat one
i am thinking of CT, but i heard that they are really tough
dont worry, i know all about breeding and such, i am looking for a nice combos you think would be cool\thanbks so far bettasandbeads, that helped.

ehjsne
08-07-2008, 12:23 AM
I would get the crown tail or the half moon. Those are my favorite types of bettas. I like veil tails but They just dont appeal to me very much now that i know other tail types exist.