PDA

View Full Version : oh no!

graceluvsplatys
07-27-2008, 11:43 PM
my male betta took a flight for freedom :(
I had a lid on, and i thought that there was no way he could leap through the little air pump hole. i thought wrong. I found him, and put him in the tank, where he lived for an hour, then passed away. :(

ladyoutlaw50
07-27-2008, 11:45 PM
aaawwww sorry for your loss!!!

Tolley
Sorry to hear about Grace. :(

Fishalicious
Soooo sorry for your loss <hugs>

Weird how some betta's jump... none of mine have ever done it and you would think they would be jumping all over the place to get out of those horrible little glasses in the LFS....

Jacko
07-27-2008, 11:57 PM
Weird how some betta's jump... none of mine have ever done it and you would think they would be jumping all over the place to get out of those horrible little glasses in the LFS....

I know! I've never seen an empty cup or a dead fish on the floor in the LFS or the big chain stores. At petco, only half the cups have lids and the other half are reused ones and the lids are so warped they don't even secure, the slightest push would knock it off.

I know how you feel, I've lost 2 bettas and a paradisefish to jumping, the bettas through a hole for my filter and the paradise because the lid was off for some odd reason, my mom was taking care of them that night though (at a friends, found him when I got home)

graceluvsplatys
07-28-2008, 12:14 AM
i am sad.... but luckily, he wasnt my fave.
she hasa cardboard lid, is that too small? she has never jumped.

eellover87
07-28-2008, 12:17 AM
Hi sorry i'm being random but i know how you feel trust me! But unfortunately my first little fish didn't die because they jumped out of the tank, they died because no one told me that dinosaur bichir eat other fish....well anyways i just wanted to say sorry! and hope that everyone else that you might have is fine!

bettasandbeads
07-28-2008, 12:19 AM
Sorry to hear about your lose.
I have lost two Bettas from Jumping.
Lady Lace ( pale yellow half moon butterfly). She was a beauty and at least she had one spawn. She made babies with Snow.( platium opaque half moon male) They had beautiful off spring.
The other was my peach half moon male.
It's very frustrating to lose them that way.
Hopefully this will not turn you off getting an other Betta later on.
Catherine

graceluvsplatys
07-28-2008, 12:54 AM
I think males jump more... well, long finned, like HM and male veil
dont worry, i will be getting another betta AND aanother lid :)

Nick_Pavlovski
07-28-2008, 07:27 AM
That's really unfortunate - sorry.

Gemstone
07-28-2008, 07:36 AM
I have one female that will NOT stay in a divider net...she jumps out and into the tank with the rest of the fish..where she is quite happy to be bullied around for some reason...

Boertjie
07-28-2008, 07:41 AM
I have one female that will NOT stay in a divider net...she jumps out and into the tank with the rest of the fish..where she is quite happy to be bullied around for some reason...

:hmm3grin2orange: kinky little fish:hmm3grin2orange:

Gemstone
07-28-2008, 08:27 AM
YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *the usual looooong suffering sigh*

ehjsne
08-11-2008, 03:35 PM
thats ont good. I think you should get a new one.

AND WHY DONT MY BETTAS JUMP!!!! I have never ever had a fish jump in the 3 years ive had my fish. not a single one jumped out of the tank. Only 1 flopped in the net hen i was putting them in thier new tank. where a they all got ick and didnt make it. I was so devestated. All my fish. dead.

I had them all for a year.