PDA

View Full Version : anubias coffeefolia

Abbeys_Mom
07-27-2008, 04:44 PM
I have a coffee leaf anubias that has gotten quite large. I would like to divide it, but I have no idea how. When I look up dividing anubias I get info on how to divide the rhizome. My plant does not appear to have a rhizome. It's basically a long stalk cut on one end with leaves growing up and roots growing down. Can I just cut the stalk in two?

ILuvMyGoldBarb
07-27-2008, 05:15 PM
That stock is the rhizome. As it is an Anubia, it has to have a rhizome. You can divide it using a razor blade. The sharper the cutting utensil, the cleaner the cut and less risk you run of damaging the rhizome. A damaged rhizome can lead to the demise of the plant.

PUNISHER VETTE
07-27-2008, 05:50 PM
I cut the end off my nana and so far so good. I just used scissors but they worked.

Yeah and i think that stalk you're talking about is the rhizome. The leaves/stems come out the top and the roots come out the bottom of this little round tube thing.

Abbeys_Mom
07-27-2008, 06:30 PM
I thought the rhizome would look more like the ones you see on java fern. I cut my one large plant into 2 medium and one small. I chose where to cut by where it was branching off. I hope I don't loose it, it's a gorgeous plant.