PDA

View Full Version : Oh no!

TowBoater
07-25-2008, 03:28 AM
My parents thought my 8 yr old brother deserved a pet so they got him a lone finch in a small cage. I plan to get him a little bigger cage tomorrow and another finch so it isn't lonely. I don't want to make it my pet so I am going to make him buy a few things for it I will just get him the basic stuff. Is 2 enough?

Pamela_S.
07-25-2008, 03:51 AM
I would keep them in at least a pair, as they are social birds. Although, depending on the personality of your brother, they are more of a look at as opposed to a handling type bird. But very beautiful!! Also watch the bar spacing on the cage that you end up buying. I have seen parakeets squeeze through bars of cages meant for cockatiels (sometimes the metal can be a bit flimsy as well on certain cages), you wouldn't want free flying finches, they can be hard to catch. Anyway good luck!!

angelcakes
07-25-2008, 06:50 AM
2 is fine,if you know the sex of the finch you already have then i would suggest getting the other as the oppisite sex so you would have 1 female and 1 male:19:

TowBoater
07-25-2008, 12:20 PM
Thanks. It is a society finch so I don't think you can sex them easily. I will get a nest (like 2$) for it also.

sandy_n
07-25-2008, 06:00 PM
I'd have to agree with everything Pamela said.

TowBoater
07-25-2008, 11:53 PM
I got it a bigger cage today but sadly all they had left was a gould finch and they said it may fight with the society finch we had so I wasn't going to risk paying 45$ for a finch that may not be compatible with what I have.