PDA

View Full Version : tiger barb question

labnjab
07-24-2008, 10:11 PM
After my 55 cycles and i move my goldfish to it from their 30, i was planning on putting my tropical fish into the 30. I have 2 tiger barbs (use to have 3 but one died) 1 female betta, an angel fish, a snail and 2 fiddler crabs. I would like to ad more tiger barbs for a total of around 8, but i wanted to make sure it wouldn't be too overcrowded. At the time of the move its going to have a HOB filter rated for 60 gallons and a heater of course.

The tiger barbs have never been aggressive towards the angel fish or female betta so i must have gotten lucky there

abaigael04
07-28-2008, 06:09 PM
I wouldn't o it - My tiger barbs kill each other off (and I had 7) and I am getting rid of them for that reason. They have left 2 neon tetras alive but killed 8 cardinal tetras(while I had 7 barbs so adding doesn't ALWAYS get rid of aggression). I think having any with an angelfish or betta would be asking for trouble - maybe not today, but eventually. As far as waste goes I don't THINK you'd be overcrowded if you did your maintenance.

smaug
07-28-2008, 08:13 PM
I thought we covered this same question in a different thread?Angels and barbs or angels and betas are a no go.Even if its working right now,it wont stay that way.

Red
07-28-2008, 08:16 PM
yeah angels tigers barbs no no no :)

fins_n_fur
07-28-2008, 08:20 PM
I thought we covered this same question in a different thread?Angels and barbs or angels and betas are a no go.Even if its working right now,it wont stay that way.
That's what I thought--discussed and agreed conclusion. Not sure why it's coming back to the same forum with the same folks LOL.

labnjab
07-29-2008, 12:05 AM
I posted this a while ago before i had problems with the angel. Sorry about that.

abaigael04
07-29-2008, 01:04 PM
oops - sorry I didn't look at the date just saw it was on "top"!