PDA

View Full Version : Need to cycle

Ryuu
07-24-2008, 02:56 PM
Ok, sorry, well, my lfs has never heard of a fishless cycle... (petco) So I have to do a fish cycle, so I need to use the fish from my stocking so here they are

10g
1 blue gourami (juvinile not even half a inch yet)
2 Dwarf gouramis
2 Albino Coreys
1 Bolivian Ram

20g
Two Rusty Cichlids
Six danios
Two blue gouramis
One red tailed shark

I was thinking danios, but I may make a mbuna tank instead of an oscar... im still debating

oldhead
07-24-2008, 03:13 PM
Why do you HAVE to do one? I'm confused as to why you couldn't go fishless. At the very least invest in some Bio-spira to get things going. But using fish is probably the last thing to do.

Ryuu
07-24-2008, 03:14 PM
My lfs has never heard of fishless cycling, so therefor they do not sell fish ammonia, without the amonia, I cannot do a fishless cycle.

oldhead
07-24-2008, 03:17 PM
My lfs has never heard of fishless cycling, so therefor they do not sell fish ammonia, without the amonia, I cannot do a fishless cycle.

You can pick up the ammonia that you'll need at a local hardware store. Lady Hobbs could even tell you the exact make if I'm not mistaken. I'd help you out with it but I didn't use ammonia to do mine when I had a freshwater, I used the Bio-Spira to get started. Not trying to get on your case or anything, sorry if it seemed that way. I was just wondering what your logic was.

Ryuu
07-24-2008, 03:19 PM
Oh no I dont mind, Ive gone to the hardware store and they didnt have the type of ammonia, but ill check again anyways, thanks

sbracken
07-24-2008, 03:22 PM
Go to ACE Hardware. They have it.

oldhead
07-24-2008, 03:23 PM
No problem, just trying to be helpful. Man those stores around you are no help to you at all eh? lol. Good luck, hope things work out for ya.

Ryuu
07-24-2008, 03:26 PM
No there not, lol, at my new house there is only one lfs and on ehardware store within twenty five miles. And at my old house they never seem to know or have what I need lol

sbracken
07-24-2008, 04:13 PM
If you're in Westland now, what LFS are you going to?

Ryuu
07-24-2008, 06:54 PM
Right now I go to green woods on Joy, right past merriman

sbracken
07-24-2008, 07:04 PM
Never heard of it. Something Fishy on Wayne road south of Cherry Hill is good. So are The Fish Doctors in Canton. Avoid the Petco across from Westland mall. But the new one in Canton is good, as is the PetSmart in Livonia on Middlebelt and 96.

Ryuu
07-24-2008, 07:12 PM
I go to the new petco and petsmart in canton all the time. Ive never heard of the soemthings fishy, unless thats by the art studio

sbracken
07-24-2008, 07:51 PM
Something Fishy is on Wayne Road. Google it and you can pull up a map to it. Their selection is really good for both fish and dry goods.