PDA

View Full Version : A very sad loss

ladyoutlaw50
07-24-2008, 01:32 PM
As most of you know my bf had 4 fry from a previous spawn -- they were 4.5 weeks old -- he got up this morning (his day off) and 2 were dead and 1 not looking good -- the biggest one of all was swimming happily around. They had been doing great and then .................
the water tested out just fine --nothing had changed -- we are wondering if the big one had anything to do with it -- he/she has always been the largest of the four all along and wondering if he/she began to bully the others. My bf is so very upset this morning - he says he feels like a failure ---ssshhh don't tell him I shared that with you!!! I used to catch him talking to them -- keep in mind he used to race stockcars and such -- LOL LOL
Seriously -- we are very upset with this loss -- maybe this is mother nature's way of taking care of things -- I have no idea -- they were eating fine yesterday --watched them chow down -- but we always wondered why one was so much bigger then the others when all 4 were born at the same time.
Oh well -- may they RIP in fishy heaven!!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Lady Hobbs
07-24-2008, 01:36 PM
Sorry your babies aren't making it. Betta's are strange fish. Cram them in a cup with medications and they make it as an import. Be gentle with them and give them everything and they go belly up.

I used to race stock cars, as well, and am a softie myself. Racing cars only mean you can drive like you're nuts.

ladyoutlaw50
07-24-2008, 01:51 PM
LOL --- he just sold his race car last weekend -- gettiing way to expensive to race he said -- now he is concentrating on racing online (i-racing) and his bettas -- he has several tanks going now!!

I also said they were only 4.5 weeks sorry-- they were 5.5 weeks -- I am not sure a week makes a big difference -- but anyway!!!

Billythefish
07-24-2008, 03:41 PM
Sorry your babies aren't making it. Betta's are strange fish. Cram them in a cup with medications and they make it as an import. Be gentle with them and give them everything and they go belly up.

I used to race stock cars, as well, and am a softie myself. Racing cars only mean you can drive like you're nuts.
lol i can just see you now gritting your teeth foot to the floor :hmm3grin2orange: , sorry that your fry didn't make it lady'o.. Maybe it just wasn't ment to be this time.:11:

Ryuu
07-24-2008, 03:47 PM
Sorry to hear =[

funnyfish
07-24-2008, 05:49 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your loss and I wish your BF would not feel like he did anything wrong but I know how he feels. But after alot of kind workds here I have learned sometimes it just happens and we have no control over how when or why... Even though we dont like to think about that. Maybe they were just weaker than the other and maybe the next time around you all will have many more healthy fry..

ladyoutlaw50
07-24-2008, 06:05 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your loss and I wish your BF would not feel like he did anything wrong but I know how he feels. But after alot of kind workds here I have learned sometimes it just happens and we have no control over how when or why... Even though we dont like to think about that. Maybe they were just weaker than the other and maybe the next time around you all will have many more healthy fry..

thanks for the kind words -- he is feeling a bit better now

funnyfish
07-24-2008, 06:39 PM
Anytime you all have given me and still give me so much help here I am gald I can say something. I know how hard it is to see men upset I hate when my Husband is sad and any other man for that. I can deal with mad but not sad.

Fishalicious
07-24-2008, 06:42 PM
So sorry for your loss... how horrible... there will be more ...not that helps at the moment

Sounguru
07-24-2008, 07:12 PM
Sorry to here it but I had a similar experience when I had about 20 betta in a tank. Woke up one morening 1/4 were dead and some of the others didn't look too good. So I seperated them out into there little homes and Lo and Behold the biggest one that I think caused all the damage was a male. The ones that were beat up were also males and the ones that weren't females. So now I would seperate my Bettas early.

ladyoutlaw50
07-24-2008, 08:37 PM
thanks guru --- he found that one was still alive -- so there are 2 alive -- they are in seperate bowls and both are doing fine -- the biggest one has hints of a real pretty blue already -- I think he is gonna be a looker or she

anyway --we are feeling better -- he went out to the lfs and bought himself another 10 gal tank and a divider and some other fish stuff -- now he is takiing a nap and feeling a bit better!!!

Nick_Pavlovski
07-25-2008, 10:09 AM
In nature, not all babies make it, so he shouldn't worry.

Boertjie
07-25-2008, 10:57 AM
Sorry about your loss!!!

ehjsne
08-14-2008, 02:27 PM
thats not good. Maybe that big meany did bully them. Try your best to save the little dude/et