PDA

View Full Version : kribensis?

Nautilus291
12-19-2006, 01:50 AM
Im going to be getting a new tank soon, and I've been looking around trying to figure out what i want to stock it with. I thought that the kribensis fish look pretty interesting and i was wondering if any of you have ever had any.

I was wondering how they get along with other fish, how affordable they are, and if i would be able to find any around or if there a hard fish to comeby.

Abbeys_Mom
12-19-2006, 03:02 AM
Kribs are pretty common around here. There are 2 types that I know of, rock kribs and regular kribs. I think they are great little fish. I breed them for a while and once you get a pair, they breed fairly easy. They can be somewhat aggressive, but that is a comparative thing. They won't kill your other fish, but they will try. When mine spawned, I would move them to their own tank. I kept mine with larger fish so it wasn't too much of a problem when they were being territorial. If you have the space, I would get some.

alien
12-20-2006, 03:56 AM
Kribensis are so nice fishes sometimes easy going but dont forget they're cichlids after all, they need a little more of attention and behave in amazing ways, what kind of fishes are you thinking to have them with??, they hang most of the time on the bottom of the tank so upperlevel species will be fine

xD

Nautilus291
12-20-2006, 09:52 PM
I love the look of gouramis, but idk if they would fit well in the same tank. what do you think. After that i have no clue yet. I dont like aggresive fish, or really big fish. 5 inchs is pushing it but would be ok. Do you have any suggestions. Maybe danios. There are some cool looking pink ones at walmart right now.

jeffs99dime
12-20-2006, 10:14 PM
keyhole cichlids

Lady Hobbs
12-20-2006, 11:27 PM
Keyholes I agree with. Not the gourami's.

jman
12-20-2006, 11:38 PM
Here is a great site though:
http://www.justbajan.com/pets/fish/species/krebensis/index.htm

Juannie
12-21-2006, 05:45 AM
Hello,
It's a pity you didn't live where I am, I have about 30 baby kribs that I need to give away. I have a pair (this is their first lot of babies) and they're in a tank with a bala shark, a white red tail shark, gouramis, tetras, corys, a sm severum and a few mollies, they all get along quite fine, I've never had any problems at all - though I have lots of hiding places. My kribs are only aggressive when the babies are tiny otherwise they're pretty good and they just hide in their log. I haven't actually put any of these fish in the tank at the same time, I'm just lucky that it's worked so well.
Good luck!!

Nautilus291
12-21-2006, 11:30 AM
I think it would cost me more money to go and get some of these babys from you than to get some from around here lol. Thats too bad though. Ill look into some keyhole cichlids.

jeffs99dime
12-21-2006, 02:28 PM
I think it would cost me more money to go and get some of these babys from you than to get some from around here lol. Thats too bad though. Ill look into some keyhole cichlids.

anything you want to know about keyhole cichlids just let me know!