PDA

View Full Version : Tank has finally cycled

goldenbarb
07-22-2008, 09:04 PM
Finally, my 10g tank has cycled. I started the tank in mid May. I interrupted the first cycle by beginner mistakes: adding more fish too soon, overfeeding, excessive vacuuming of gravel, etc. So now I can finally add a couple more small fish. I'm happy. There is something to be said for patience, patience, patience and water changes.

Ryuu
07-22-2008, 10:51 PM
Im glad that it is cycled, luck for all the years youll have the fish =D

Sharkman
07-23-2008, 03:03 AM
nice goldenbarb!

Lady Hobbs
07-23-2008, 03:18 AM
Cycling is a true test of patience of man. Also a huge pain in the rear but really necessary with the small tanks.

Congrats! You can start stocking maybe 4 fish every two weeks. Whatcha gonna put in your tank?

fins_n_fur
07-23-2008, 05:48 AM
Finally, my 10g tank has cycled. I started the tank in mid May. I interrupted the first cycle by beginner mistakes: adding more fish too soon, overfeeding, excessive vacuuming of gravel, etc. So now I can finally add a couple more small fish. I'm happy. There is something to be said for patience, patience, patience and water changes.

Congratulations! Yep, it's a patience builder, but a good safe one! We can't wait to see pictures of your tank and your fish! Enjoy!

goldenbarb
07-23-2008, 12:25 PM
I cycled with fish and they survived the ordeal. I want to add a couple more neon tetras so they can keep the others company. I also have 3 gold barbs. I'm thankful for all the great information on the forum.