PDA

View Full Version : DIY Breeder Barrier/Box or whatever

Typ
12-18-2006, 06:26 AM
Does anyone know any DIY Breeder barrier things or boxes? I would buy one but they are 8 dollars each and i would rather not buy one because i may not have fry but in case. I know also that there 's diffrent type of breeding devices. Maybe someone with expertise could explain me how they are different. thank you all.

turbomkt
12-18-2006, 06:31 AM
I think at less than $10 you're going to have a hard time going with DIY. DIY is more effective the higher the cost of buying off the shelf.

Redfire311
05-22-2008, 05:31 AM
Hey TYP, if you're still looking, I've had good success with a DIY breeder box thingy I made. I took the cover of a CDR spindle, you know the clear plastic tube that locks into the base thingy, cut some smallish holes in it, and cut the end of a nylon stocking (ladies panty hose or knee highs) and stretched it over the whole thing. You need a clamp or some way to hold it in place in the tank. Also don't cut any holes in the bottom--the stocking will create a gap for them to get stuck in. I've used it as a good holding tank if you need to take the fish out of one tank temporarily, never tried breeding anyone in it yet.