PDA

View Full Version : Breeding Bristlenose

KINGMED
07-21-2008, 02:40 PM
I was thinking about breeding my new pair of bristlenose in the 55 gallon tank up stairs to see what I can get from the pair. Are they easy to breed and are the young hard to take care of.

toddnbecka
07-21-2008, 04:14 PM
Here's a link that will turn up more than you ever wanted to know: http://www.plecofanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47

sharkbait35
08-20-2008, 12:45 PM
Not to bring your hopes down....
Bristlenose pleco and other plecos actually have never been documented to breed in captivity, all of the plecos you see at the pet store came from south america.
I you were able to breed your pleco in some manner i would be very suprised.

Give it a try, if you could breed them it would be an astonishing feat.

KINGMED
08-20-2008, 01:34 PM
Not to bring your hopes down....
Bristlenose pleco and other plecos actually have never been documented to breed in captivity, all of the plecos you see at the pet store came from south america.
I you were able to breed your pleco in some manner i would be very suprised.

Give it a try, if you could breed them it would be an astonishing feat.
I thought this was loaches such as clown loaches, etc. I've read on this site and other site's where others have breed bristlenose quit easily given the right type of situation and places to breed.

Sharkman
08-20-2008, 01:54 PM
yea i don't think it's impossible. Definitely possible given the correct conditions. Check out the article on AC about breeding bristlenoses.

Lakea
08-20-2008, 04:51 PM
Yeah from what I hear they are very easy to breed, I have a pair that I am hoping to breed and I know of many others who have successfully bred BNs! I believe they have to be over 2 inches before they will breed. The male will guard the eggs. Good luck with breeding!

kirk
08-21-2008, 10:29 AM
its not hard mine bred jsut on moday now the male is watching the eggs
jsut get a pair and let them adapt to the tank
i gave up on breeding and i shined the torch down a tunnel and there they were