PDA

View Full Version : Rainbowfish poop

Lady Hobbs
07-20-2008, 01:41 PM
Yes, we all know they poop but I am wondering about how they poop.

I notice the beginning of their poop is always white and then is normal. Just the very beginning of it and find that strange. I'm seeing this only in the turqoise bows and not in the splendia or boesemani's. I have given the frozen homemade food with garlic and see no difference so guess I will try the anti-parasitic food to see if that makes a difference. I don't quite get it that only this one species has this oddidity.

Anyone else seen this?

mac
07-21-2008, 07:55 AM
Hi,
I did see this [or a form of it.] with my Dwarf Neon Rainbow fish, when I was feeding cheap food. I now Feed them JBL Staple Food for all Tropical Fish. Our pet shop dose not recommend this because of the price. But the Rainbow fish are much healthier now that I'v changed food brands.
macquatic

Lady Hobbs
07-21-2008, 08:04 AM
It's odd and really strange the turqoise are the only ones to do this. They all are getting Hikari flakes, frozen DIY foods make of salmon and shrimp, blood worms and veggie flakes.

mac
07-21-2008, 08:28 AM
Hi,
YEs it's very odd.
The Turquoise Rainbow fish, anr't they Lake Kutubu Rainbows. If so I have them, and never noticed that at all with them. But mind you they are fed the same as the Dwarf Neon Rainbow fish. Also I forgot to say, mine get Brine shrimp, I will also be getting other foods soon. The mosquitos are coming into season soon.
Cheers,
macquaitc