PDA

View Full Version : How about a photo section

Sounguru
07-20-2008, 07:02 AM
We have a video section why not a photo section?

fishbum
07-20-2008, 07:05 AM
I like it the way it is

Evil Slimy
07-20-2008, 07:05 AM
There are photo galleries here: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/fishpictures/

Sounguru
07-20-2008, 07:42 AM
Not a gallery but if I make a post say with 3 different types of critters in it, or of my tanks, or of anything aquatic related that is just for show they could go in their own section like the videos do now.

angelcakes
07-20-2008, 07:57 AM
Not a gallery but if I make a post say with 3 different types of critters in it, or of my tanks, or of anything aquatic related that is just for show they could go in their own section like the videos do now.
i get what youre saying......but i think alot of people prefer the photo gallery..but im not against youre idea:thumb:

Sounguru
07-20-2008, 08:08 AM
Stuff gets lost in galleries and cluttered.. I personally don't use the gallery function here because it is too cumbersome for me, when I can slam it on my website then post the pics anywhere I want in half the time..

Lady Hobbs
07-20-2008, 12:20 PM
Because people would still post pictures in whatever thread they happen to be in. If people are talking of gourami's, for instance, and want to show someone their fish, they will post their picture there for them to see.

Photo's take up a lot of bandwidth, as well, without having hundreds of pictures in one thread. Those stuck with dialups would not be able to even load it up.

Sounguru
07-20-2008, 04:21 PM
If the pictures are limlited to 4 per post as they are now that helps with the bandwidth. If like my last post has 3 different critters in it and is not really talking about anythin where does it belong ?

I know the first thing I do when I hit new forums is look for pics and from there I start looking at articles to detrermine if I want to join. This is the only forum I know that runs a constant POTM. If the pics are in a area that makes them easier to find I'm more likely to look deeper.

I'm not saying that all pics need to go in the Photography section but aquatic photography is a big part of the hobby for some of us. Plus it allows people to put up pics fof critque.